Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike is not for you if you have a Social Complex or are paranoid. Because, yes they are looking at you and they will come up and talk to you. So factor that into your decision.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Agreed! I've meet quite a few people for only having this bike.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
This bike is not for you if you have a Social Complex or are paranoid. Because, yes they are looking at you and they will come up and talk to you. So factor that into your decision.
Talk about having your bubble busted... all this time I thought it was my devastating good looks that attracted the hordes of people and now I learn it's the bike. :D
T

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had a few new bikes over the years but i have never had so
much attention over one new stock bike-plus the fact that i have the only one for 50 miles also helps

--------------------------
burgundy fury #711

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
much attention over one new stock bike-plus the fact that i have the only one for 50 miles also helps
burgundy fury #711
Not sure how many around the Land of Fruits and Nuts (LA) <-- no offence to your native Californians.
I have only seen one and it was in the car park when I dropped off the Cobra's to their new owner. Other then that -- nada!

hippykid, wait till you add some mods and it looks less and less like a stock bike. You are going to get lots of people asking who built it. I tell them, the builder is a really good friend and he let me have it for 15 cents on the dollar. :D Their eyes get all big and bulgy... :eek:
I have gotten tired of trying to convince people it's a Honda.
Enjoy the Rockies.
T

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah its pretty wild. I went to a rally today and had 3 HD guys standing next to me checking out the bike before i could even get it backed in and shut off. 3 more were standing there when I went to leave asking me about it. They had so many questions my friends almost rode off without me.:D

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
i live in farmville va.when it comes to furys i am it.you just have to swat em off like flys.we rode the blueridge parkway sunday.when you come to a lookout place,you have it all to yourself.everyone else is looking at your fury.there are advantages.keep the rubber on the ground.
ps out of about a 1000 bikes i had the only fury.

·
Registered
153 Posts

burgundy fury #711
I've had mine for almost 2 months now, and it is still the only one I've ever seen in person!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I live in Lawrenceville GA just Northeast of Atlanta. I got my Fury back in May and still have not seen another Fury on the street. Everywhere I go people's jaws just drop when they find out its a stock Honda. They only believe me because of the stock exhaust. If I had aftermarket pipes on there they probably would not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unfortunately for me, I saw two in one day! Was riding down to Sebastian Inlet yesterday and say a blue fury heading north on A1A and then as we were coming home, happened to look over at 7-11 on South Patrick and spied a black one! Too much to take in for just one day!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Unfortunately for me, I saw two in one day! Was riding down to Sebastian Inlet yesterday and say a blue fury heading north on A1A and then as we were coming home, happened to look over at 7-11 on South Patrick and spied a black one! Too much to take in for just one day!
I bought my Fury in the end of April. The dealer I got it from said I was the first one in Central Florida to have one. I don't know if thats true but it sounded good. Before I left to go to the middle east in July, I never saw one and I went to all the bike nights in Brevard County when it wasnt raining. People wouldn't leave me alone. I had bikes and cars follow me because they wanted to know what it was. Two days after I bought it, I was going through the gate to my base and the guard asked how long it took me to build it. I said it took just the weekend......

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I bought my Fury in the end of April. The dealer I got it from said I was the first one in Central Florida to have one. I don't know if thats true but it sounded good. Before I left to go to the middle east in July, I never saw one and I went to all the bike nights in Brevard County when it wasnt raining. People wouldn't leave me alone. I had bikes and cars follow me because they wanted to know what it was. Two days after I bought it, I was going through the gate to my base and the guard asked how long it took me to build it. I said it took just the weekend......
I like that one... Leglicker you work really fast. :D
A weekend. That's funny.
T

·
Registered
25 Posts
We're all definitely preachin' the truth in this thread! I'd go into details, but sufficed to say I can plug myself into any of these posts cause it happens to me too.

The best line I've heard yet, so I've gotta post this one. One of my good friends is a harley owner, and he's said this more than once... "WTF!? Am I chopped liver!?" He keeps telling me how he's sick of ppl ignoring his really nice ride and droolin over mine. Then, of course, he's told me off to the side if he had waited 2 or 3 months before he had all of his work done on his bike, he would've sold it and bought a Fury instead.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought mine back in may but had to drive 400 miles to Colorado to get it cuz my local shop didn't have one and the one they were supposed to get was going to be silver which i didn't want. So I bought mine brought it home then my local shop got the same color I have. :eek: Now I have to change mine so they don't look exactly the same. It sucks, the same exact bike in a town of about 15,000 people. :mad:

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
so find out who and tool together.that auta getum talking.keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is the truest thing I have read on this board to date!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
We're all definitely preachin' the truth in this thread! I'd go into details, but sufficed to say I can plug myself into any of these posts cause it happens to me too.

The best line I've heard yet, so I've gotta post this one. One of my good friends is a harley owner, and he's said this more than once... "WTF!? Am I chopped liver!?" He keeps telling me how he's sick of ppl ignoring his really nice ride and droolin over mine. Then, of course, he's told me off to the side if he had waited 2 or 3 months before he had all of his work done on his bike, he would've sold it and bought a Fury instead.
Thats funny because I have buddy like that two. Anywhere we go together, I always get the attention. He gets pissed. When people ask me what it is, he yells out, "Its a Huckin Farley!!"

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know what its like! I have a Blue Metallic and I get comments all the time while my buddy on his Harley doesn't get any attention. I keep it in his garage because I live in a apartment and his buddies come over and tell him how nice my bike is. His own son even told him he likes my bike better! :D

Blue Metallic #500

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah for sure, I actually had a guy on a VTX 1300 follow me for over 10 minutes ( out of his way as I found later) because he wanted to alk to me about it. 20 minutes later. I had to tell the guy I had to go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts