Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to spring for the fork covers, I spotted these fork boots on Dennis Kirk. but they said that there are no instructions and install with out disassembling the fork but how if they are in two pieces and there is an O ring?

Wheel Font Tire Rim Automotive tire

·
Registered
2015 Furry
44 Posts
Lisa,

I'm guessing the statement "not dissembling the fork tube" is accurate. I think you will still need to remove front tire and fender. then remove each fork tube from triple tree to place the O-Ring over the fork tube. Perhaps you can install from the lower end of the fork tube after removing the brake assembly? I think that may stretch the O-Ring to much.
I've seen these installed with a thin, black zip tie instead of the O-Ring. That is really a simple method!

Keep us posted!

Andrew~

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
FWIW, those should not take any disassembling. To me it looks like just a cap you pop over the fork leg, one half from each side, right where the stanchion meets the lower. The o-ring is likely a feel good to keep dust out of the "area" at they cover. Which it won't either way, because of the split. You run more potential of trapping dirt under this thing then the dirt will just rub away like sandpaper and take off paint

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The O Rings on that style are actually designed to go around the outside. That is what keeps the two pieces together.
Good call, I didn't look that hard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts