• no i like the lollypops or raw led options

Votes: 8 25.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
i spoke with Bill over at Raw Design today. Tried to convince him to machine us some fork clamps for the fornt turn signals. He said he would think about doing it if we could show him some REAL interest. this poll is to see how many people would be interested. I was thinking about having him make them to be compatible with the Harrison Specialties signals as a starting place

Please give your honest opinions if you would purchase these. i would estimate a $50 price tag. (based upon other clamp in the market) but that has no real basis. obviously Raw would set the price.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
which set?? or poss a rough idea of clamp design you be thinkin?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Talking about something like this?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
I like the idea if i still had my front turn signals. I looked for this option when I first bought the bike. Then I removed the front turn signals and honestly I do not miss them at all. I like the look of no front turn signals now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Last week I put on Kury fork clamps (49MM) with Drag Specialties bullit lights. High quality both parts -got'em thru Dennis Kirk. Used small rubber inserts to snug up the clamps as ours are 46mm. Total cost $125. Troopers around here issue tickets for the small bullit, and for non OEM pipes.
Yeh, I know pictures would be helpful, but I don't want to screw around on my Mac tryin to post some.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Last week I put on Kury fork clamps (49MM) with Drag Specialties bullit lights. High quality both parts -got'em thru Dennis Kirk. Used small rubber inserts to snug up the clamps as ours are 46mm. Total cost $125. Troopers around here issue tickets for the small bullit, and for non OEM pipes.
Yeh, I know pictures would be helpful, but I don't want to screw around on my Mac tryin to post some.
We have 45mm forks btw... :D Just an FYI... But I agree with you, if we can't find some way to fill in 4mm (actually 2mm all the way around) worth of material to make it work, then there is something wrong going on here... made a link to a pdf, so you can print it out and actually see how small 4 mm or even 2 mm is, since some of us aren't used to working with mm scales. I know 3M, double sided tape is pretty close to 2mm all by itself...

http://www.vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/paper_rulers/UnstableURL/meterstick_cm_mm.pdf

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Buy a set of clamps like you have shown in the photo and just grind out the middle a little to make them fit. Thats what I did anyways because I knew it would be a while before they made them to fit the 41mm front forks of the fury. I do believe I have seen them recently in the past few months now and someone is making them to fit the fury but its really no big deal to just mill them out yourself to make them fit and you can save a lot of money. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Here's what I'm going with next. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger to justify the cost of them and I'm still hoping some comes out with something similar.
Wrap-Around LED Billet Fork Clamps
Wow that is alot of cash for those.
I think the lolly pops look like crap but I am also worried about being seen.
I would think it might be easy to loose the turn signal in the head light to a on coming car. I guess it is not much of a problem with the front tho.
I am also worried about the rear after the sumo fender is on. I want people seeing my brake light so I don't like the left side mounted brake light either.
I need some small yet bright lights. At least the equivalent to the stock brightness.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bybar check out the harrison spec link i posted before. they have the bullets with red leds. there is someone on here that posted em as brake thatsw how i found out about the site.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Wow that is alot of cash for those.
I think the lolly pops look like crap but I am also worried about being seen.
I would think it might be easy to loose the turn signal in the head light to a on coming car. I guess it is not much of a problem with the front tho.
I am also worried about the rear after the sumo fender is on. I want people seeing my brake light so I don't like the left side mounted brake light either.
I need some small yet bright lights. At least the equivalent to the stock brightness.
You can always fab a new set of LED's in the back... really, it's not that hard... :rolleyes: Again, check out the DIY led vid I made and just adjust it to your needs... where there's a will, there's a way...

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i almost bit--but, someone said it best--need to be seen by 'oncoming' vehicles, too.

i hate the clothes hanger lights, but i'd hate being run off the road more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts