Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, We have updated our website with 1", 2", 3" Fork Extenders for the Honda Fury and 1300 Custom Line motorcycles. Here's the link Honda Fury Front End
We also want to publicly thank Tony for his assistance in creating a spec chart to show the difference in each extender and the 8 degree triple tree. Tony has been a great source for the Forum board and I hope other aftermarket manufactures can see the benefit of his cost effective mods helping others create their own look.
Big thanks to Tony and to all that has supported us!
LM

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
This a a future mod for me!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Seeing the difference in the price of the triple trees and the 3" extenders has me reconsidering my purchase. It seems to me I paid a lot extra for 1" extra. Too late for me but not for most of you guys. Really interested to to see a pic to compare the 8 degree triple trees to the 3" extenders.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Seeing the difference in the price of the triple trees and the 3" extenders has me reconsidering my purchase. It seems to me I paid a lot extra for 1" extra. Too late for me but not for most of you guys. Really interested to to see a pic to compare the 8 degree triple trees to the 3" extenders.
It is what it is Joe :D That's the way I think about most of these things, I think it is worth it for the different feel I get on the bike, but that is the way I think about things, I very seldom have buyer's remorse... It's the extra up and out that we paid for, this is the most you can get with the trail numbers as well...

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Ahhh. So many mods, so little money. L&M you are killing me!!! I need the 3" extenders, rake kit, the new chin scoop with honeycomb, brake lines. Man I need to sell a kidney or something.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I need pics and ride reports if anyone has purchased these. thanks

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
i ordered the 8 degree trees with 3 inch extenders.i hope this will help stop some of the right hand drag on my pipes.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Well just ordered the 3" extenders...:eek:..Man got to find a job soon LOL my credit card is moaning........:D..Should look cool with my lowering spring !!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Joe,

Don't feel too bad just yet...In addition to getting the extra 1" in length, the extra rake drops the front of the bike .835 in. (almost 7/8) compared to the stock trees.

We have all seen with your bike and RSS that the front end is raised with the new trees, and i like it, but i am not sure the bike would look good 1in. shorter and 7/8in. higher.

It would look very different with that combo, so if you like the way your ride looks now, be very satisfied.

Based on the look of your ride and that of RSS, i have my new trees ordered :)

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Question L&M ordered the 3" can i still use my stock brake cable ?? They don't have them in stock they just informed me..:(

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Question L&M ordered the 3" can i still use my stock brake cable ?? They don't have them in stock they just informed me..:(
Hmmm, curious question I would like to know too... call L&M... hopefully they ordered extra's when they ordered mine... but, honestly... I love my brake line now and will NEVER go back even KICKING and SCREAMING with BLOODY MURDER.... does that help... :D

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Joe,

Don't feel too bad just yet...In addition to getting the extra 1" in length, the extra rake drops the front of the bike .835 in. (almost 7/8) compared to the stock trees.

We have all seen with your bike and RSS that the front end is raised with the new trees, and i like it, but i am not sure the bike would look good 1in. shorter and 7/8in. higher.

It would look very different with that combo, so if you like the way your ride looks now, be very satisfied.

Based on the look of your ride and that of RSS, i have my new trees ordered :)
I read and posted that as I was leaving this morning and after looking at the #'s again I'm not that messed up about it. I do kind of wish I'd have known this was gonna be a option before I ordered mine but I'm sure they were wanting to sell some of the triple trees before releasing these...just so I could have decided which route I wanted to go. I have to be selective on what products I buy and for the difference in price I would have considered getting both the 3" extenders and the reaper front fender. But all this said, I love the way my bike looks and rides so I can't be to unhappy. Now I just have to wait a little bit before I go to the wife and ask about that reaper fender.

Or L&M feel free to hook me up with a discount on that fender for getting the triple trees early and posting the first pics and all the many positive comments:) Keep up the good work guys! We appreciate all the great products you guys are coming out with!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
the chart answers alot of my questions re: risers and the trees. thanks.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stock front brake cable might be long enough to work with the 3" risers, but it's so close, I would not feel safe suggesting it. I believe "Tony" might be able to confirm this very soon for all of us.

LM

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
The stock front brake cable might be long enough to work with the 3" risers, but it's so close, I would not feel safe suggesting it. I believe "Tony" might be able to confirm this very soon for all of us.

LM

I have done the 3” handlebar extensions and was able to use the stock brake line. So I think you could get away with the stock brake line with the low and mean 3” fork extensions. But like Chris said it is very close to maxed out and a little rerouting is needed. But you will definitely need the line if you have both.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I have done the 3” handlebar extensions and was able to use the stock brake line. So I think you could get away with the stock brake line with the low and mean 3” fork extensions. But like Chris said it is very close to maxed out and a little rerouting is needed. But you will definitely need the line if you have both.
I have the Cannellas and ordered the 3" extentions So am i to assume i need to add the brake cable Tony ?? (Just want to have if i need it before taking the bike apart)..:D

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I have the Cannellas and ordered the 3" extentions So am i to assume i need to add the brake cable Tony ?? (Just want to have if i need it before taking the bike apart)..:D
I am almost positive that you will need a new break line with that setup.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I just ordered the 3" extenders and the shock and I will try it without changing the cable. I will let you know how it works out. I think it will work if you re-route the cable behind the tree.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts