Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to get your forks to lock? The manual says to turn the key counter clockwise,push in and turn clockwise and the fork will lock. I have not been able to activate it,is there a trick to it?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Has anyone been able to get your forks to lock? The manual says to turn the key counter clockwise,push in and turn clockwise and the fork will lock. I have not been able to activate it,is there a trick to it?
Yea... it actually pushes in like a half an inch [just a guesstament] when its locked. It sux we gotta use a funky little key just for the fork lock IMO.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you're all the way against the fork stop it won't work. Once you push the key in and turn it you have to bring the bars the opposite direction just a hair and it will lock.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info,it worked like a charm. I feel more comfortable leaving this in the parking lot now,getting a lot of looks and people cant beleive its a Honda.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I noticed the little key at the dealer and thought it was for the helmet lock. What are they thinking it looks like a 5 year old could pick it. The vtx 1300 I had used the regular key. Anyone from Honda on here, what happened? Looks like an after thought, to me. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts