Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having an issue with their key cylinder for the fork lock being rusted? Last time I tried to use it (week ago or so) it would not function at all. My dealer is spose to be seeing if it will be covered by warranty but I'm still waiting.

The rate of rust is not normal for my area. Is also odd that just that one location is that bad that I have noticed.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Anyone else having an issue with their key cylinder for the fork lock being rusted? Last time I tried to use it (week ago or so) it would not function at all. My dealer is spose to be seeing if it will be covered by warranty but I'm still waiting.

The rate of rust is not normal for my area. Is also odd that just that one location is that bad that I have noticed.

I'm not so sure its the rust but rather just a poor cheap design of the lock by Honda. I myself have had so much trouble with the lock that I stopped using it a while back. Even when it does work it appears that one good yank on the handlebars and you could snap of he lock anyways so I doubt how much security this thing would actually give you anyways. I think its just a flat out piece of crap and very poor design by Honda that should have never been put on the bike from the start!
Dave

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have always hit mine with some WD 40. It has kept it working really well. I stopped using the fork lock now because I hate having to carry the extra key around. Wish it was keyed the same as the ignition.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Looks like the paint has chipped off. No reason a bike this old should have that type of problem. Looks like poor design & quality.

I have never used mine, therefore it looks as good as the day I bought it. Now I wont take any chances by using it.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the paint has chipped off. No reason a bike this old should have that type of problem. Looks like poor design & quality.

I have never used mine, therefore it looks as good as the day I bought it. Now I wont take any chances by using it.
Well I got with my dealer again today to see whats up... the/my mechanic/shop-boss-guy was out for a week... hes back now and said Honda wanted me to drop my bike off for a few days to take pics and what not.

I got no issue with that... but it should only takes a few minutes for someone to take pics, confused as to why they would say the need it a few days thought. Going to bring it in Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Well my dealer got back with me today about the area around the lock. They are going to fix the area next time I'm able to drop my bike after next Tuesday.
Cool, im still yet to have an issue with mine

1 - 20 of 33 Posts