Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm back again with the now completed forward controls fitted. For those new to the forum these controls were made in my garage with a hacksaw, file, angle grinder, electric drill, arc welder and buff pads .... not to mention hours of sweat, lots of wet & dry paper and thanks to Redback Choppers for letting me use their lathe.

The new brake pedal has been reconstructed from Tony_Fury's old brake pedal center with a new stainless steel arm welded to it. The arm I bent in the garage using a cheap press (car jack type) that I borrowed.

The brake pedal is a piece of 22mm stainless bar with 5 grooves machined in it for the O rings, a 10mm button head stainless bolt holds it on.

The gear shift is dead original, all I had to do was put a 1" spacer behind it to get the pedal closer to the toe for easy shifting. I will be making an entire new gear lever to match the brake pedal to keep the O ring theme going. Also thinking of turning up a set of stainless/O ringed footpegs to match and then finally the same with the pillion pegs. Will probably just use the pegs for shows etc.

The gear linkage turned out great, a piece of 8mm stainless rod and 1 1/2 marine bottle jacks. The bottle jacks allow easy adjustment and also caps the end off nicely. If building this I would add 5 mm to the length of the rod.

I have added the drawings (end of post) for these FC if anybody is feeling a bit handy or bored. They are nearly 4" forward, I am 6 foot and my knee has about 1 1/2" of clearance from the spike air cleaner intake elbow. What I like is the minimal amount of metal required compared to the billet products.

Anyway, here are the pictures / plans ...

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad110/gxjolli/HONDA FURY - FORWARD CONTROLS/FC_LHS1.jpg

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Well done, Fury_Guy. A very nice, clean piece of work. Very well executed. Good attention to detail, and it shows.

Cheers

· Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Home grown brain fabricating at its best, this is the shit I like, this IS one of the true blood sweat and gears mods!!!
Great job!!!

how much would it take you to produce another set??

· Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I really want to know what camera you are using :eek:

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the great comments, just showed Redback Choppers the finished product and he wants me to work for him !

The pictures should be clear as photography is one of my 15 hobbies. The camera is a Canon 5DMkII (21meg) and I used a Canon 300mm F4 and a Canon 24 -105mm F4 lenses to take these photos.

The big trick to getting them looking good on the web is to resize them correctly, these are 800 x 600 pixels and most importantly they are 72 dpi (basically the resolution of an LCD monitor). I use photoshop to do all fixes. Photoshop is good but not good enough to recover mobile phone pictures.

I am http://www.redbackchoppers.com official photographer. Check out his site, you will see the Fury in there on a coffee shop run.
A couple of photos of one of the bikes for your viewing pleasure:

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Thanks for all the great comments, just showed Redback Choppers the finished product and he wants me to work for him !

The pictures should be clear as photography is one of my 15 hobbies. The camera is a Canon 5DMkII (21meg) and I used a Canon 300mm F4 and a Canon 24 -105mm F4 lenses to take these photos.

The big trick to getting them looking good on the web is to resize them correctly, these are 800 x 600 pixels and most importantly they are 72 dpi (basically the resolution of an LCD monitor). I use photoshop to do all fixes. Photoshop is good but not good enough to recover mobile phone pictures.

I am http://www.redbackchoppers.com official photographer. Check out his site, you will see the Fury in there on a coffee shop run.
A couple of photos of one of the bikes for your viewing pleasure:

It has nothing to do with resizing them, as all of us that know how to post on these websites knows... we can tell when "something is different" and that, you can definitely tell with the camera you have. It looks like something is different and you are using shading for your lenses... which is good, as it is going back to classic photo shooting. Thanks for sharing with us your photo's what you are trying to do as it represents some of your work in an artistic manner.

Again, nice work on the lower's and you're headed in the right direction...

Side note: That air intake looks horrible, it is obvious what he did and is a poor design, rest of the bike look good though, IMO...

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oubre force, you can reverse the gear change side, no mods are done to the original equipment except for the drilling out of the rivet that holds the "Rose" joint onto the bottom of the gear lever, this you can simply replace with a 6mm bolt & nyloc nut.

The foot brake has to be cut and and extended or as I did weld on a whole new lever to the hub. I am like yourself, I don't cut or do anything to the bike that I can't easily return to original (except for the Tony Mod). To save cutting up my brake pedal Tony_Fury kindly posted his that he had replaced with some forward controls and I cut and welded it and managed to save mine. This was mainly done to prevent 5 weeks down time waiting for the chrome shop (bloody slow in Australia). As it turned out I made the pedal out of stainless steel and polished it myself. Start a new thread and ask for a spare brake lever as I had a couple of offers of spare ones.

If you go ahead PM myself and I will post a few other details to make the job a bit easier, like I would have used all stainless and avoided the chrome costs.
Email: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.