Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know theres other stuff on here about forward controls, but I guess I just haven't seen the answers I'm looking for... so heres my peace. I just got the matte silver fury a month ago, and the only "issue" i really have is that i just don't get that chopper feel I'm looking for. I want more of that stretched out legs and arms feel. I've seen the pictures showing the differences between the standard and extended versions, but I'm just curious how much just doing that will help me. I don't think i should have any trouble with reach on the extended, but would it be smarter for me to stick with the standard and then also do something with the handle bars?? The risers Ive read about seem to bring the bars closer to you which i know i don't want, I'm kinda thinking I'll just have to wait until further down the road when totally new bars are available.
I bought the matte silver because i want more of that rough mean chopper look, as apposed to the beautiful show bike look. I have the Morton Inferno exhaust on the way and just got my pipe wrap today.
Anyhow, if you've bought the forward controls and have any clue where I'm coming from id love to hear a little feedback... lol ... Sorry so long

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ive seen them, i was tempted to order the black diamonds, but thats part of my question, how do they actually feel as compared to the stock pegs? With your legs out like that does it make your arm placement seem odd or is it really not that big a deal?!

· Registered
828 Posts
Yeah ive seen them, i was tempted to order the black diamonds, but thats part of my question, how do they actually feel as compared to the stock pegs? With your legs out like that does it make your arm placement seem odd or is it really not that big a deal?!
I got the normal (I am 5'10), not sure about the extended. Even the normal feels like it offers a better distance and support. I got Accutronix knurled diamond because I liked the looks. If your looking for all out comfort, the swingwing that Redspawn listed below look very comfortable. I think the RAW extended are adjustable, so you can choose how much you want them extended. They also come in black.

· Registered
500 Posts
A rough guideline is inseam size: 34" or longer you will probably benefit from the 3" extended controls. but a word of warning, 34" in right on the line - I'm 34" and my 3" extended accutronix feel just a tad on the long side for me, but better than the standard which were more than a tad too short. Also, on the risers, if they come back closer to you you will sit back further, which means sitting up straighter, which to me is the essence of the 'chopper ride style' - just imho of course. These are accutronix diamond style arms with drilled pegs/footrests.

Pics look like shit, sry. New camera couldn't focus it at the time. Still can't lol. Oh well. A couple of the pics though demonstrate well why I finally got ride of the scootworks risers - loved the positioning/improved seating position, hated the floating speedo cluster. Since have put on Cannella's but no pics yet.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,965 Posts
A rough guideline is inseam size: 34" or longer you will probably benefit from the 3" extended controls. but a word of warning, 34" in right on the line - I'm 34" and my 3" extended accutronix feel just a tad on the long side for me, but better than the standard which were more than a tad too short. Also, on the risers, if they come back closer to you you will sit back further, which means sitting up straighter, which to me is the essence of the 'chopper ride style' - just imho of course. These are accutronix diamond style arms with drilled pegs/footrests.

Pics look like shit, sry. New camera couldn't focus it at the time. Still can't lol. Oh well. A couple of the pics though demonstrate well why I finally got ride of the scootworks risers - loved the positioning/improved seating position, hated the floating speedo cluster. Since have put on Cannella's but no pics yet.
Stonewheel
I noticed you have the horn remounted on the forward controls..
I relocated my horn under the bike in the rear. Cleaned it up by not being up front. Just a thought..
T

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just ordered accutronix extended, hopfully all goes well

· Registered
484 Posts
I stored my bike at my dealers for the winter , and I had the Accutronix foreward controls Tribal (extended) installed. I couldn't be happier with them. I have a 36" inseam, so the extension was needed. I feel like I fit the bike now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.