Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my people ...
I want to paint the frame on my fury ...
Did any of u did that without removing engine , tranny and so on ?
I would love to repaint it but not looking forward to extra work so i thought if i mask everything good it my be doable ...
Any input ?
Pros ... Cons ?
Tnx in advance .

·
Registered
615 Posts
Haven’t tried it but does look and sound like leaving the engine in is kinda half/assed
Probably ok if not changing the color.

Black to red or vice versa or to silver must remove or Mickey Mouse.

Prepare yourself , a lot of work.

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Thank you to all of u for all ur input ... if i do decide to paint frame stripping bike down it is ...
I have 2010 maroon ... would love to put green candy on it with metal flakes and some airbrush work as well . If i do it ill keep u guys updated .
I'd suggest selling the maroon and getting a common Fury color to molest (like black).

·
Registered
2011 Fury
974 Posts
I was gonna wait to post this til I took pics buuuuuut took grace and the family down to NC to see my son and hit the beach for a few days and ride with my boy….. great time was had by all and then ……… on my way home the ratchet strap broke!!! Yeah guess what happened next! Total f’n wipe out and dented the tank. 🤬 looks like a face lift AGAIN this off season. Soooooo pisssed

·
Super Moderator
6,280 Posts
I was gonna wait to post this til I took pics buuuuuut took grace and the family down to NC to see my son and hit the beach for a few days and ride with my boy….. great time was had by all and then ……… on my way home the ratchet strap broke!!! Yeah guess what happened next! Total f’n wipe out and dented the tank. 🤬 looks like a face lift AGAIN this off season. Soooooo pisssed
Sorry to learn of your bad luck. You must very very upset, I know I would be. Maybe you can turn it around and buy a new tank, then turn the old tank into something special such as a work of art (airbrush design) or perhaps make it larger. Of course make sure you don't make the same welding mistakes as that other tank listed on this site.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
974 Posts
I’m going to buy the L&M front and rear fenders, pull the tank and send everything to the paint shop. I’ll have them pull the dent and paint everything. Seriously P/O’d especially with myself because i usually double up the straps just for that exact reason and I didn’t because I was lazy…..

·
Registered
2010 Fury
582 Posts
Sorry to learn of your bad luck. You must very very upset, I know I would be. Maybe you can turn it around and buy a new tank, then turn the old tank into something special such as a work of art (airbrush design) or perhaps make it larger. Of course make sure you don't make the same welding mistakes as that other tank listed on this site.
I was going to post that I know of one for sale...500 euros.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
582 Posts
I’m going to buy the L&M front and rear fenders, pull the tank and send everything to the paint shop. I’ll have them pull the dent and paint everything. Seriously P/O’d especially with myself because i usually double up the straps just for that exact reason and I didn’t because I was lazy…..
Hey, can you post up a pic of the strap? I want to make sure I am not using that type.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts