Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of a company that makes something to protect the bottom frame tubes for a Fury? Scraped frame once while riding with a passenger i dont want it to happen again!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Get used to it! I have a T-mod and scrape my frame every time I go on the curb to park my ride. I have to hop a 4" curb to store my bike. No garage :(

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Just a quick thought is to maybe get some undercoating and spray on those frame rails just on the bottom, shouldn't be able to see it.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Just a quick thought is to maybe get some undercoating and spray on those frame rails just on the bottom, shouldn't be able to see it.
I did that for the first 2 scrapes then I said screw it after MFR lowered his bike and scraped his frame throughout NYC. No biggie for him no biggie for me LOL

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
lmfao i hear that, guess just get a good can of touch up paint and throw on once in a while so nothing rusts, that's the only thing i would worry about.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I've scraped mine so many times, I gave up caring a long time ago. I don't have LED's anymore because the ones I had on the bottom of the frame got scraped right off.

Same with the Cobra exhaust. Scraped it several times on right turns.

Oh well.....:p

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
i want to see how long it takes to scrape a hole in mine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Updates? Anyone come up with a solution? Cleaning up and touching up the frame is getting old fast.

I want a rigid plastic frame protector or skid that adheres to the bottom of the frame but I cannot find anything. Something like a long, rigid chainstay protector. Maybe cut polycarbonate tubing in thirds (lengthwise) and double-sided foam tape to the frame? Ideas?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
My air ride blow out running 55mph. Frame sat on the ground and dragged to a stop. My frame was about a 1/4" thinner so now I have 1/4" steel pads welded in to close up the holes and it sits on when parked

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Every time I see you posting pictures, there is yet another little feature that you added on. You do damn fine work!

Reactions: Smokin Tyre Garage

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Does any one know of a company that makes something to protect the bottom frame tubes for a Fury?
Updates? Anyone come up with a solution?
Make sure your rear spring hydraulic adjuster under the right side cover is adjusted all the way up. It comes from the factory set fairly low (6 clicks from the bottom) and takes 29 clockwise clicks to get to the top. There is a scale behind the knob.

From your Owner's Manual ...

RTFM :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Let me ask ya' this....

I found the manual to be a bit ambiguous about the function of the shock adjuster.

To Reduce Spring Pre-load (LOW):
For a light load and smooth road
conditions, turn the adjuster
counterclockwise toward LOW.

To Increase Spring Pre-load (HIGH):
For a firmer ride and rough road
conditions, turn the adjuster clockwise
toward HIGH.

My impression was that it adjusts how "hard" the ride is and how much the seat will settle when you apply your keyster to it.

The above notes from the manual "seem" counter-intuitive to me ...

Wouldn't you want a firmer suspension on a smooth road and a softer suspension on a rough road ? :confuzed:

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Let me ask ya' this....

I found the manual to be a bit ambiguous about the function of the shock adjuster.

For a firmer ride and rough road
toward HIGH.

My impression was that it adjusts how "hard" the ride is and how much the seat will settle when you apply your keyster to it.

The above notes from the manual "seem" counter-intuitive to me ...

Wouldn't you want a firmer suspension on a smooth road and a softer suspension on a rough road ? :confuzed:

Ride over some rough ass railroad tracks at a descent speed and you'll understand. With it set low, you'll easily bottom out and shove your spine through the top of your skull. With it set high, the ride may be a little more rough, but you won't bottom out as easy due to the suspension being more stiff and not as easily compressed.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Let me ask ya' this....

Agreed :3ek:
I would have written it like this ...

For a heavy load or rough road
toward HIGH.

Ironically if you have a heavy load (adding a passenger) you get a smoother ride not firmer as stated.
Also, the spring rate does not change with height adjustment and only rebound is affected with damping adjustment.

Probably was a typo 'cause the same wording was used for the damping setting :rolleyes:
These manuals are written in Japanese and translated after the fact so some errors are bound to occur.
When I worked for Isuzu I was sent to Japan for 5 weeks to assist the factory staff with writing a new model repair manual so that it would be understood by American technicians. Even so, I expect some items escaped my attention.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm not having a problem but just to see how it feels, I'm gonna have to try some different adjustments.

I have been keeping it low because though most of the roads are smooth, when I hit one of the bigger bumps it kills my back I have assumed it would just be worse more of the time set high.

I'm not looking for the hardtail experience lol :3ek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts