Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Dropped my bike off with Bill. We shall see what magic he come up with..
It appears he has all the machining equipment to make something nice...:)

Garage looks empty now... weird...:eek:
T

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Dropped my bike off with Bill. We shall see what magic he come up with..
It appears he has all the machining equipment to make something nice...:)

Garage looks empty now... weird...:eek:
T
Lol... can't wait to see it Tony!

Agree with others, don't need to change the stock cylinder... Just want something affordable that looks good and set's the controls about 1-3' or so forward.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Lol... can't wait to see it Tony!

Agree with others, don't need to change the stock cylinder... Just want something affordable that looks good and set's the controls about 1-3' or so forward.
holy heck that is a stretch i was thinking about 3" not 3'

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
you could get BMX bike pegs to mount on the fork and might be able to get that stretch if you really want it. dont know of many people that could reach it though

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
RSS, you must be really humpin on here! Wasn't it just last week we were discussing your "666" post?:)
Lol... yea... things are slow at work... kind of sucks being a government contractor when the government isn't giving money for us to do their government work... lol. C'est la vie...

Back on topic.... :D

BTW, yes, 1-3 inches adjustable would be nice... both ways maybe even? I get leg cramps from riding so long and usually hang my feet off the edge of my pegs at the ankles... again, could be that I ride so much though compared to some (10,007 miles as of today), or it could be my legs are longer than yours?... just saying... :rolleyes:

Yes, there are pegs that go on the chassis, called highway pegs... don't like the look of them but they are way cheaper than any of the forward controls out there... if I could find something comparable to those in price... that's what I would go with...

·
Registered
118 Posts
forward controls for the fury

Definitely chrome. Definitely adjustable maybe 2-4" (I'm 5'11). Most of the other forwards are in the $600-$900 range so i'd be interested in a $200-$350 solution. I can do without the new brake cylinder.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Definitely chrome. Definitely adjustable maybe 2-4" (I'm 5'11). Most of the other forwards are in the $600-$900 range so i'd be interested in a $200-$350 solution. I can do without the new brake cylinder.
i was thinking 700ish for adjustable, for 2-300 you should be able to get brackets to push controls forward and accessories for em

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Got my bike back yesterday... :)
Bill got some good mock up time in with the bike.
We shall see how they turn out..

T
Awsome, can't wait... probably a few weeks to a month before he comes up with something, unless he can just mod one of his existing controls to fit ours... :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Good guess...

Awsome, can't wait... probably a few weeks to a month before he comes up with something, unless he can just mod one of his existing controls to fit ours... :D
Alright kids,
Thank you for all your input. You all came up with very valid points, and as always, cost is king, so here's what I got...
Controls are approximately 3.5" forward-If you were to move the centerline of your stock peg about 3/4" forward from it's current position, and 1/2" up from the top bolt on the existing forwards, that's where your peg will land.

Unfortunately, the stock master cylinder is tucked so neatly away, that it was not possible to make these without the aftermarket cylinder.

Next-Redspawn Silver nailed it. I was able to use everything off existing controls except the plate, so this helps keep the cost down.
I was not able to make it adjustable without some serious added expense between spacers, a brand new shift rod, and a crazy looking rear shift link/arm.

The good news...I will be putting them on a machine tomorrow and will have them ready for shipping in a matter of 2 weeks or less. Being that we're just doing the plates and barrel spacers, everything else is in stock, so no additional machining required.

I was also happy to find that our Raider rear pegs will work for the Fury with a very minor modification, so we will be making that modification and offering those about the same time as well.
We will only be offering our Pro Smooth, Classic, Valor, Lance, and Medieval in rear pegs, and we offer matching grips as well.

Now for the fun stuff...bear with me.
To complete the kit, you will require a new brake line, and brake switch.
We will include both those in the cost of the control, but please let me clarify for you.
My added cost to put these two things into your kit is approximately $70, for a genuine Goodridge brake line and banjo brake switch.
At the final retail cost, this adds approximately $202...yes...no sh*t.

So my normal fair price for a set of our Pro Smooth Softail controls at $699.99gets bumped to $900 for a Fury...kinda lame, but everybody needs their take...all the way up the chain.

What I will do for Fury forum members, is hold the price of the Pro Smooth/Classic/Valor controls to $799.99, and offer a 20% presale discount from now until March 19th, 2010, which is just before they will be offered to dealers.
If you prefer something more radical like our Tribal Arrow, or Tribal Flame series with Medieval or Lance Pegs, the price runs up about $100 more at retail, so just do the math and then the discount.

If you are interested in the controls, pegs and grips, the discount can run over the entire order.

Please feel free to visit our website at Supreme Legends USA and check out the different offerings in the current Honda VTX 1800 section. Please feel free to give me a call at (714) 504-0715 if you have any additional questions.

Mods, my apologies if this post is out of line. Just trying to give the guys in the forum a bump before these things go full price.

Thank you all for your input. Remember, we offer an 18 month warranty on our controls, bumper to bumper, less wearable parts.

Thanks again. I believe you will all be happy with the final result.:)

Bill

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
That is about what I was expecting. I gotta hold off, Freaking expenses adding up quickly now:eek:. Hopefully Ill get a set by christmas or ask everyone buying me presents to just throw in money to a parts fund for my bike

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
What happened to the good old days when you could spend a buck and a half for a couple of decent looking milled brackets plates that would simply use all your existing hardware and by adding a couple extra extension rods and fittings that to help would move all of your factory controls forward 3". It might not look as nice but I might have to design and fabricate my own and use the $800 saving towards other upgrades.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What happened to the good old days when you could spend a buck and a half for a couple of decent looking milled brackets plates that would simply use all your existing hardware and by adding a couple extra extension rods and fittings that to help would move all of your factory controls forward 3". It might not look as nice but I might have to design and fabricate my own and use the $800 saving towards other upgrades.
You could do that too, but your brake arm won't move with it unfortunately...LOL.

If it were me, I'd give it to ya for the cost of the parts, but I think my employees like to be paid, chrome shop appreciates their check, and landlord likes having the tenants pay their leases.

If you don't got it, you don't got it...I'm just trying to give those who do have the additional money a chance to save roughly $260 by buying early.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
This way it looks much cleaner. You also get better structural stability too since putting a spacer would create a greater stress point where directed force is applied (in statics its called a moment). Your best bet if your doing something on your own would be get a junk set of honda forwards (unless you can kinda clone it on your own), cut the tabs for pegs off and weld it to a plate tapped out for the stretch you want then drop off at chromer or powder coat. Companies like this provide a product that works, Has asthetic appeal, and is just a bolt on part for people that arnt that inclined for building things. For me the time it would take to do this and cost of getting a nice finish I would be better off and happier just purchasing it The 800 dollar difference includes the lines, pegs and everything its not just a plate for 800 bucks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Forward controls are done!

Hello all,
I'm happy to say that Tony finally made his way over to the shop today and got his forward controls installed. I think they came out beautiful, moving your foot position forward about 2 1/2" forward and about 3/4" up. This should allow you the stretch you need, and add some style to what is a pretty plain control set up.

Since Tony and I found ourselves quite busy, the project installation was delayed for a while, and for that, I will offer to keep the initial offer going throughout the month of April.

Better than that, I will hold the price for any of our standard controls at $649 for that time. This includes the Pro Smooth, Classic, and Valor.
If you want a tribal look, I will hold the price for any of our tribal series at $749.
This includes the controls, stainless Goodridge brake lines, Goodridge brake switch, spacers and shift rod...everything you will need in just one kit.

That being said, please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] and mention the Fury forum...and of course, the shipping's always free!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
My opinion all the forward controls on the market are way overpriced come on 6,7 8, 9 hundred dollars you want to stretch out that bad stay on your easy chair and tell these vendors to keep there overpriced crap:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Sea Dawg, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but as with something as simple as buying a $3.00 beer at the bar, that you can buy for .50 at the grocery store...everybody gets their cut.

If you don't want them, don't buy them. Who really needs chrome rims either right? Who needs a cruiser when you can buy a cheap sportsbike?

It's all up to the individual and that's what makes the world go around.

Feel free to see what the actual cost of manufacturing is for a forward control, including design, overhead, liability insurance, etc. and you'll see we're one of the best and most fairly priced companies around. Of course, I do not need to tout that, as our name speaks for itself.

Just the same...some folks have the budget, some don't. If you don't like them, don't look at them, if you don't want them, don't buy them, but rather than spend time making negative comments...move on to the next thread.

There's a butt for every seat.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.