Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am try to sock away some money for our wedding fund and my Fiance came up with a good idea. Anyone that gets a paint job done with me that has a Honda Fury, send their helmet along with the parts (half helmets or full face) and I well match it up to the design of the bike. Even if I have to base the helmet color.

Oh what a minute... I think I'm shamelessly promoting again... Guess I'll let the Furyforum members decide if this post should be taken down or if they like this idea. If everyone likes it then I will honor it for 3 months starting today.

What say ye members?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Sounds like a bad a$$ idea and a extra bonus for those that are wanting to get some paint done, nice job bro!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am try to sock away some money for our wedding fund and my Fiance came up with a good idea. Anyone that gets a paint job done with me that has a Honda Fury, send their helmet along with the parts (half helmets or full face) and I well match it up to the design of the bike. Even if I have to base the helmet color.

Oh what a minute... I think I'm shamelessly promoting again... Guess I'll let the Furyforum members decide if this post should be taken down or if they like this idea. If everyone likes it then I will honor it for 3 months starting today.

What say ye members?
Good idea. I like having faith back in our members and vendors again. To bad you don't live up here in the Great White North, eh? Lol

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I would LOVE to have you paint my bike, but my funds need to go to more basic mods first right now (like pipes & spikes). But I am impressed with your work that I have seen.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts

What say ye members?
I do the same thing Easy... the few I have painted so far at least. I'll say "you want the helmet to match?" most folk around here say hell yez!!!....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cool idea. I dont have the cash now but whats a average price for a paint job so i can budget for one in the future? I know it wont be exact but a rough estimate give or take a few hundred

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool idea. I dont have the cash now but whats a average price for a paint job so i can budget for one in the future? I know it wont be exact but a rough estimate give or take a few hundred
That is the almighty question brother! lol! for a matte bike I've been as low as $550 for tank and fenders and have done bikes up to $4000. I would say around a $900-$1100 is a good figure for a clean basic yet custom looking paint job. BUT that is the inigma to the answer... What is a clean custom paint job in your eyes?????

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was searching for a thread on painting helmets and found this one. I wanted to ask whether a helmet could be painted without damaging the integrity of the helmet. I remember being told that paint can damage the helmet material and weaken the helmet, making it unasfe to use. Do any of our painters her know? I would think that Easy E would know or he wouldn't make the offer.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I was searching for a thread on painting helmets and found this one. I wanted to ask whether a helmet could be painted without damaging the integrity of the helmet. I remember being told that paint can damage the helmet material and weaken the helmet, making it unasfe to use. Do any of our painters her know? I would think that Easy E would know or he wouldn't make the offer.
NO WAY! With today's automotive paint, there is no adverse affect on a helmet .... period.

However, with some 'rattle cans' you can get a chemical reaction that may or may not affect the integrity of the helmet.

There you go!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey Easy,

How bout you honeymoon in fnq on the barrier reef???

Oh and while your here.........lol

So jealous yet again you guys have access to all the cool stuff

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Easy,

How bout you honeymoon in fnq on the barrier reef???

Oh and while your here.........lol

So jealous yet again you guys have access to all the cool stuff
I trip to AussieLand would be great...! You paying! lol! I think your paint job would around $2000... lol!

I wonder how much it woul cost to ship your parts here to NC 28023 to get painted?????

·
Registered
238 Posts
I trip to AussieLand would be great...! You paying! lol! I think your paint job would around $2000... lol!

I wonder how much it woul cost to ship your parts here to NC 28023 to get painted?????
Heaps I would imagine.......a spike and adaptor to here is 80bucks so tank and fenders ooohhh who knows? and what if they got damaged?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heaps I would imagine.......a spike and adaptor to here is 80bucks so tank and fenders ooohhh who knows? and what if they got damaged?
I looked it up and it would be around $140. THey way I package tanks and fenders is first a felt cloth, then bubble wrap, then a thick towel and then lots of them white popcorn thingys. Have not had one damaged yet.

Back to our honeymoon... were are looking to go to Hawaii sence I have family there... See what shipping is to Kawaii... ??? lol!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts