Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
143 Posts
I purchased the package thru the dealer and they tacked it on to the loan...about 900 dollars or so, and includes all checks and services for life of the bike as long as i own it and one rear tire when needed....raised my monthly payment about 14 bucks or so....the 600 mile check woulda cost about 300 and a couple hundred more for first oil change and adjustment so i really could notpass up that deal! Free oil changes for life!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
i got the service package also.that is true piece of mind deal.even after first tire you only pay for the tire.no install or balance.valve adjust and oil change free.dealer said he cant make a dime off me.

·
Banned
143 Posts
it was really one of those deals where i was looking at the finance manager with amazement...i know how expensive it is to have your biked worked on for any reason! hell, they won't even work on my 86 honda anymore because they said its too old!!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
yep, i spent $58 on it, and i did a $250-$300 valve adjustment myself (and change oil and everything else) that's money saved on bike parts :)

also, i asked one of my dealers how much the 600 mile service is, and he said $255. i asked him how much just the valves are, and he said $255. so basically the oil change and look over are free...

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
i have a shop.i work on them and detail and paint a lot of the old 70 and 80 hondas for folks around here.but when Doug offered the deal,i could not refuse.i do a lot of harleys too,but i ride honda.i have an 85 magna,a 2007 spirit and my fury.keep the rubber on the ground

·
Registered
437 Posts
I purchased the package thru the dealer and they tacked it on to the loan...about 900 dollars or so, and includes all checks and services for life of the bike as long as i own it and one rear tire when needed....raised my monthly payment about 14 bucks or so....the 600 mile check woulda cost about 300 and a couple hundred more for first oil change and adjustment so i really could notpass up that deal! Free oil changes for life!!!!!
$300 for the 600 mi. service and a couple hundred more for first oil change and adjustment? JESUS!!!

What stealer did you buy from in Denver?

·
Registered
437 Posts
any reputable dealer commands around 90 dollars an hour...you do the math

Its not about the math. Its about getting taken for a ride. Did you read any of the "600 mile Service" thread to see what others have paid? Compare what others have paid in that thread to what you were quoted and then tell me that sounds reasonable. Its not about math to the stealers its about ignorance.

I'm curious. What dealer did you buy your bike from?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I get piece of mind knowing that the dealer did the work and they are reliable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's the "Common Service Manual" Date of issue: March 1995 :(.
They used to let you view a model specific manual online with a paid membership, but I think that went by the wayside when they revised the HRCA, which is when I stopped paying for it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So I read this thread and I start to wonder.. what happens if you FAIL on the valve adjustment? Does the bike just run rich or lean? Or does it start to knock/tick then slowly oil starts pouring from the heads and then before you know it, a piston shoots out of the engine and hits you in the eye?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.. could a DIY valve adjustment be an absolute disaster?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
If the valves are not set correctly, it will def run like crap. If they are WAY off it won't run at all. That's about as good as I can tell ya, there are others who can be more specific.

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
if they are to tite it could burn a valve.if to loose it will tap.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well, I bought the service manual and have done all of my maintenance myself except the valve adjustment. I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens.. I just wanted to be aware of what type of horrific things could result from my tinkering.

Now that I know it's just ruining my bike I feel much better about attempting this. :(

that is total sarcasm which probably doesn't translate over the internets!

Thanks brevill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts