Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put new brake pads in the front and back and the fronts are making a weird noise now. Starts constant when not breaking and gets louder when stopping. Both brakes are working good but this noise is real annoying. I've taken it apart twice to check it and everything looks good. I made a video (have a phone holder on my bars). Anyone know what is going on here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you put any brake grease/lube on the back sides of the pads where they touch the caliper?

Also did you bed the new pads in properly?
Definitely enough lube but I haven't done the full bed in process according to the ebc website 🤦 probably should have read that before I posted I just never had this issue with past brake pad changes.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
As I have learnt if you have that situation after something is changed, DO IT AGAIN. There is usually a small detail has been overlooked, and being brakes don't F*** around. Just rip it off and check then reassemble and 9 out of 10 it's fixed.
This is fairly standard in any basic troubleshooting diagnosis. Always look at recent changes first.

Reactions: Gizmo and boatwire

·
Registered
293 Posts
It could be something as simple as not gradually/evenly torquing bolts so the pads are not precisely parallel to the rotor. Loosen the caliper and check for positioning play in the bolts holes. Might need just a little tweaking.

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Yeah, mine is doing this too. Like a cicada in the summertime. I undid mine because it would buzz like this until I hit my brakes, added grease everywhere I could, now it buzzes WHEN I hit my brakes. I'm just gonna wear it down. Maybe I'll do some bolt loosening for the fun of it.

EBC pads, too.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
A couple things... If you added grease to the correct components, installed pads correctly, torqued correctly, you're probably overthinking noise until they're bedded in. Most people do not correctly bed the pads in. This can cause odd noises throughout the life of the compound.

It's usually the drilled rotors dragging over the compound that makes the noise. It's common. I put on EBC pads 4k miles ago (give or take). They had the noise bad bedding them in. After they were bed, they still had it, just more faint. I trust my mechanic skills across the board... Trucks, cars, sleds, dirtbikes, motorcycles. Haven't had any braking issues on anything.

Like I said, the noise will be dependent on the compound, the condition of the rotors (are they glazed?) And the bed process.

The other thing you can try. Hit the rotors with some fine grit sandpaper paper. Use IPA (not the beer...) For wet sanding. Repeat the bedding process so the brake pad compound deposits correctly onto the rotor...see if that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had exactly the same thing, fitted aftermarket pads and the noise was driving me crazy. Eventually I threw them away and refitted OEM pads - noise gone.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
That's not really beer. Unless you are a hipster of some kind...
Shit I was drinking that before they were even "cool" to drink because they would knock my socks off.

Go piss in the wind!! :LOL:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts