Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know im digigng into some old threads and probably shoorting in the dark but does anybody on here still make or sell the brackets for the relocation of the front fender? I've seen the diagram with the shape and measurememts and whatnot on here from hammy or someome but i don't have the proper tools to make something like that. Any info would help.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2014 Honda Fury
7 Posts
Any luck finding these. I’m looking for some as well. I could make them but time is precious in my house lol

·
Registered
2014 Honda Fury
7 Posts
What dimensions did you use?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Aces and eights, what kind of bag is that you have on the front?
It's just a small molly pouch. Originally was going to use it to hold the amp for speakers just could not hear them over the exhaust. Going to use it as a tool bag now as the fuel controller is mounted where to tools were.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Fury
7 Posts
What's up guys, yea I found those dimensions too (see attcahed) but I just dont think I have the tools to do it.
Looks good Aces and Eights
Awesome thanks for this. I’ll be building some within the next week. Bike is definitely coming together nicely although I’m pretty sure my marriage is taking a toll for the money I’ve been spending hahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome thanks for this. I’ll be building some within the next week. Bike is definitely coming together nicely although I’m pretty sure my marriage is taking a toll for the money I’ve been spending hahaha
Haha I feel ya brother. Atleast you know your bike will never cheat after all the $ you spend on it hahaha. Let me know how the brackets turn out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What's up guys, yea I found those dimensions too (see attcahed) but I just dont think I have the tools to do it.
Looks good Aces and Eights
I can agree making the brackets with all the swoopy lines using minimal hand tools would be hard, not impossible just time consuming. The true hardest part is getting the holes laid out correctly and really you only need to do that once.
I used 1.5x1/8 aluminum bar stock to make mine. I know some have had issues with the aluminum ones but I left a little more meat and have not had an issue yet. (Knocks on wood)
Here is how I did it:
Cut 2 pieces a little longer then needed.
Find a socket about the same diameter as the rubber bushings on the fender, place it at the top and near the end of one of the bars, trace around the socket then find and mark the center. This gives you the location of the first hole and a starting point.
Draw a straight line across the bar and at 90* at this point. Measure out 68mm from your first mark, this is your 3rd hole. Continue measuring along this line another 30mm, this will be the 4th hole.
Tape the two bars together and drill the 3 holes you have marked. (I used a step drill bit but regular bits are fine, just start small and work your way up to 1/4"?)
Mark a line level with the bottom holes (closest to the outside edge) between 1 and 3, measure up 11mm from this line. Going from the 90* line measure 30mm, where the 2 lines intersect this is the second hole. Drill out this hole.
Once the holes are drilled, use the socket to trace circles around hole 2 and 4. Connect the outer arks together (1to2 - 2to4 - 4to1) this will give you your cut lines.
Before removing the tape clamp the two bars together with some bolts then cut off the excess metal using a dremel (or what ever cutting tool you have) after that, file the edges smooth. Other then painting, your done.
Obviously you want to check that everything fits but this is pretty much the way I made my brackets.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can agree making the brackets with all the swoopy lines using minimal hand tools would be hard, not impossible just time consuming. The true hardest part is getting the holes laid out correctly and really you only need to do that once.
I used 1.5x1/8 aluminum bar stock to make mine. I know some have had issues with the aluminum ones but I left a little more meat and have not had an issue yet. (Knocks on wood)
Here is how I did it:
Cut 2 pieces a little longer then needed.
Find a socket about the same diameter as the rubber bushings on the fender, place it at the top and near the end of one of the bars, trace around the socket then find and mark the center. This gives you the location of the first hole and a starting point.
Draw a straight line across the bar and at 90* at this point. Measure out 68mm from your first mark, this is your 3rd hole. Continue measuring along this line another 30mm, this will be the 4th hole.
Tape the two bars together and drill the 3 holes you have marked. (I used a step drill bit but regular bits are fine, just start small and work your way up to 1/4"?)
Mark a line level with the bottom holes (closest to the outside edge) between 1 and 3, measure up 11mm from this line. Going from the 90* line measure 30mm, where the 2 lines intersect this is the second hole. Drill out this hole.
Once the holes are drilled, use the socket to trace circles around hole 2 and 4. Connect the outer arks together (1to2 - 2to4 - 4to1) this will give you your cut lines.
Before removing the tape clamp the two bars together with some bolts then cut off the excess metal using a dremel (or what ever cutting tool you have) after that, file the edges smooth. Other then painting, your done.
Obviously you want to check that everything fits but this is pretty much the way I made my brackets.
Okay cool thanks for sharing. I may try this, i always like to tinker around even though i dont always have the corrwct tools this dowsnt sound too extravagant. Its a good feeling when soneone ask where something came from and you can say I made them, with help from Fury Forum ofcousre. Lol Im actually cleaning out my shed right now to bring my bike in. Thinking about changing my bars so I'm making some mock ups with pvc to see how I would like some 12 or 14" bars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts