Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm a little tardy to the relocation bracket party. I've been doing some research and I have read quite a few OLD posts about ppl having these brackets for sale. I'm curious if there is anyone that has these brackets available for purchase or any detailed diagrams/drawings to make my own. Thanks in advance.!

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
There were a couple of members on here making/selling them... One in the UK and one stateside... Now I have CRS so take this with a grain of salt but I believe Paul ( @Hammy ) was the UK member but he sold his bike and isn't very active on here anymore... The member over here I think was @trx450rr so you can PM him and see if he has any or if your handy you can build your own like I did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm rather handy yes.. but my bike is in the repair shop and I was going to be getting my freshly painted tins back and wanted to have these ready for install when I get the tins back to the repair shop. So if you have any drawings or measurements then I will def see about making them myself..

And on another note I have already sent trx450rr a message on here. Those two were part of the threads I have read from a while back.. thanks for your help.!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Its been a long time ago since I built mine so I don't remember the specs but I thought one of those older threads on this subject had a drawing and measurements listed in it.

I will text Adan ( trx450rr ) and let him know you guys are looking for a couple sets.
Yeah I used his thread for another project too (the ebay spike bracket mod I posted a thread on)
Good deal thanks KB

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to get that drawing that he shared with you.! I'm looking for the ones he was making anyway.! Ha. I'll be happy to make them on my own if I have a detailed drawing and they have been tested and work.!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Cant remember who submitted this but they cut their fender to lower it. Didn't rotate it back. Hopefully you can see it
That doesn't do anything except move the effective BCD towards the axle...would close the gap but it wouldn't rotate the fender. We're going through the rotation. I suppose I could measure the radius of the forward hole to the axle, and the location of the 2nd hole to the first, and rotate the pattern through X degrees on that same BCD, and then design a profile around it. But what that rotation is, is what we're after

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
That doesn't do anything except move the effective BCD towards the axle...would close the gap but it wouldn't rotate the fender. We're going through the rotation. I suppose I could measure the radius of the forward hole to the axle, and the location of the 2nd hole to the first, and rotate the pattern through X degrees on that same BCD, and then design a profile around it. But what that rotation is, is what we're after
I don't know if it will help any but perhaps you could measure the distance between the fender bolt holes and use that measurement to extrapolate the dimensions from this pic:

I know some of the brackets that were being made are curved or have an S shaped profile but I just offset the holes in a straight piece of aluminum flat bar and it works fine. Just be sure to get a piece of small diameter hose and tape it to your tire so when you install your fender it will maintain the proper tire clearance when you bolt it up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
looking at that drawing that lowers the fender/mudguard rather than pulling it backwards and down to protect the radiator better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I've already looked at the cutting and redrilling of the mounting holes but if you don't do that prior to paint it ruins the clear coat.. it also only makes the profile tighter to the wheel.. it does nothing to have the Fender be more of a tail drag Fender like with the relocation brackets..

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Trx450rr just text me back and said he will check his stock and let you guys know.
Yea nobody likes a bragger bro.! Ha. Thanks for the info tho but them being on your bike doesn't really help me out in this situation... hah
Could send a template of these ones but looks like Ken has a lead...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts