Honda Fury Forums: banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Just double checking my emails I have 1.5mm for stainless and 2-2.5mm for aluminium. Hopefully someone can clarify this for us :)
Shouldn't matter the material vs thickness. I'm guessing we have to bend these a bit once we mount them?

2mm is about .080". 1.5 mm is about .060. Bit of difference. So, we wait!

3mm seems a bit thick to me

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
I need a set. Let me know when you're ready to complete the transaction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I made 5 sets of these today, 316 SS .100 thick.

So far there are 3 sets spoken for...myself, Hammy, and I think 685.

There are 2 more sets.

Going to put the bike back together when I get home tonight and try them out

I'm interested in a set! >:)

Let me know the détails, to be shipped in Jackman, ME

Thanks

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Alright well I blacked my set out last night and then went ahead and installed them. Nice work Hammy, they work great. I think it adds a lot of style to the front of this bike.

Just a heads up, you will need new mounting bolts.

They are M6x1.0

The fork tube mount bolts you'll want 20mm length, the fender to bracket you'll want 25 mm length. I put washers under the heads of everything. For the fender mount, I used just a nut on the backside, and used loc-tite everywhere. should work great I think Youll end up flexing the brackets a bit to squeeze the fender in there. The other thing you can do is remove that internal fender bracket and squeeze it a bit with a vise. I had to remove it anyway as it looked like the PO had twisted that internal brace a bit, so i got it straight again. But if you don't want to do that, the brackets will flex enough.

Here's a couple photos of my bike this morning after my commute to work: (Edit; that pic is horrible, I didn't realize I was moving the camera. I'll try to re take it in a bit. Also looks like I need to rotate the fender forward a bit in that photo. I was working in the dark last night)

As far as the other 2 sets go, AZbadboy PM'd me last night about a set, and looks like from this thread Paul was next in line. I'm looking to make more of them though.

I have not thought about a price yet on these. I can't take the design credit at all because Hammy posted it, so literally anyone could make these. I just have the material and the lasers.

That being said, I'm not looking to make a profit on these. Anyway, I'll see how many sets I can make. Then we can talk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does anybody know if there is a bracket available to slightly raise the front fender? When I installed my 23 inch wheel and the new fender the tire was taller and the fender rubs slightly if it's not in the exact position. After a few miles I pulled the bike out and the front wheel locked up getting caught on the fender. So I would like to raise it a very slight amount.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts