Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here taken theirs apart, and put them back together. I would like to do mine as i need to send the lower tubes to be chromed. I could bring them to the dealer, but the asshats managed to cross thread my front axel!

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Haven't done the Fury, but they are just like many other Hondas, and I do them all the time. The manual has a very good step by step. Buy an impact (the kind you hit with a hammer) and a GOOD set of long metric socket allen, to remove the lower bolt and washer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anyone have any more info on breaking down the front forks? I want to get the lower portion powder coated and the shop wants it taken apart for obvious reasons.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
basically you take the top nut off, the out comes some parts and springs. Then there is a nut at the bottom that holds the bottom to the shock tube that has to be removed. Once that is done the 1 part becomes 2. I didnt have a vise to hold the tube while taking out the bottom bolt, so i ended up giving them to Jumpers friend today so he can take apart.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whos better then Clueless? No one.

BTW Clue, do i have to use the Honda shock oil, or is there a substitution from a local parts store i can use?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
How much fork oil is used in each fork after breaking them down and resinstalling them back together?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much fork oil is used in each fork after breaking them down and resinstalling them back together?
I know it states in the manual, but its back in the back of the house with the sleeping wife. Need i say more.

Im going to need this in the near future, as my forks are currently being torn down and soon to be sent out for chrome.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Left 682 +/- 2.5 cc
Right 712 +/- 2.5 cc

After filling pump the fork up and down a few times to remove air, compress the fork tube completely,then measure from the top, fluid level should be 119 mm (4.7 in) from the top (left) and 131 mm (5.2 in) from the top (right).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts