Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put together my metric updates for the up coming 2011 catalog year, and one of the products I was gonna work on is a progressively wound spring and lowering kit. Is that a product you guys think would be popular? I see tons of posts about lowering the back, but not the front.......Give me some opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
[ I see tons of posts about lowering the back, but not the front.......Give me some opinions.[/quote]

Why in the world would you want to lower the front ?? We are all buying kit's to make it longer...:cool:

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
if i lower mine anymore i may as well take a grinder and cut the bottom out of my engine.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
if i lower mine anymore i may as well take a grinder and cut the bottom out of my engine.
one of the 4" grinders right??? those 8's are to big and not as precise

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm trying to put together my metric updates for the up coming 2011 catalog year, and one of the products I was gonna work on is a progressively wound spring and lowering kit. Is that a product you guys think would be popular? I see tons of posts about lowering the back, but not the front.......Give me some opinions.
Most want to keep the laid back feel of a chopper, prob not to many are gonna want to lower the front end unless it also takes them out 4 inches. But I am wondering, what kinda catalog are you putting together and what other fury goodies are you gonna have in there?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Most want to keep the laid back feel of a chopper, prob not to many are gonna want to lower the front end unless it also takes them out 4 inches. But I am wondering, what kinda catalog are you putting together and what other fury goodies are you gonna have in there?
IF it LOWERS and takes it out 4" YOU GOT MY ATTENTION!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
right on that one.i am only 3 inches off the ground now.
I have not measured since I put on the mezt but I bet I am right there with ya

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep I am all in for something that will stretch it further that does not cost 700 bucks. Just think MFR there is no seat to deal with.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 460brevill
right on that one.i am only 3 inches off the ground now.

MFR; I have not measured since I put on the mezt but I bet I am right there with ya

I don't think so! Brevill weighs 250+ a few, and you weigh 150 ish. So there should be a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I am hopeing along with looking better i buy some room for my pipes with the L&M 3" fork Extenders..:eek: hate that drag on hard right handers :(

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Yeah there is already a rake kit, depending on the size of tube extentions would dertermine the drop if any. I will PM you with some info that may be handy

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I also don't think lowering would be a good idea.
One of the reasons I want the 8's is because it raises the front. I think that will solve the scraping issue? Plus you get rake.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I also don't think lowering would be a good idea.
One of the reasons I want the 8's is because it raises the front. I think that will solve the scraping issue? Plus you get rake.
If you're really that concerned about the front end being raised, just buy the inch extensions for a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That was my initial idea but then the rake kit came out. It's only $550 more then the one in extensions.:D
Thanks for the thought.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts