Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so in Newburgh NY there is a hot spot down on the Hudson river called the water front which has about 8 restaurants / bars one being on a barge called Gully's where the bikers hang .In Orange county if You want to hang out and have a good time this is where you go . So riding down the strip with my cousin on his custom street glide we see a bunch of dudes on crotch rockets about to pull away from Gully's so as I am about to pass them I pull in the clutch rev the shit out of the bike and dump that baby and sure as shit the [email protected] tire came off the ground . I was expecting to just kick her sideways a little to the right but she hooked up so perfect that the damn tire came off the ground . As we pull up to a light a few minutes later I was so excited I said to my cousin who could hardly here me over his tunes blasting " did you see that shit dude my tire came off the ground a couple of inches ?" So HE says back to me " a couple of inches dude more like a foot I was right next to you and I couldn't believe it !" I still can't believe it myself ....

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
That's awesome man! Sounds like a blast! :cool:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Lot of rubber with the 250 back there! Gotta try that!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
only time i want my tire to come off the ground is when i hit a bump/pothole and that's enough for me lol.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
That’s cool Billy, go out and make some practice runs and see if you can get us some video.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That’s cool Billy, go out and make some practice runs and see if you can get us some video.
Well when I was riding crotch rockets I was the wheelie king ! Lol... I could ride stand UP wheelies for miles no joke true story . I don't know how that thing came up usually she just kicks sideways to the right but it would be pretty cool to catch it on video .

·
Registered
166 Posts
Lower the air pressure in the rear Billy and let her rip! Looking forward to the videos!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Nice work Billy. Choppers doing wheelies are a rare site to see. Of course, I feel a lot better when both of my tires hug the pavement!!:)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
So I decided to give this a shot......never really really tried before....my friend riding beside me said I was easily 8 inches off the ground :p

It's storming right now but if it clears up later I'll try to get some videos

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I decided to give this a shot......never really really tried before....my friend riding beside me said I was easily 8 inches off the ground :p

It's storming right now but if it clears up later I'll try to get some videos
Haha that's [email protected] great !!! At least you confirmed it can be done Dare .2nd guy to pull a wheelie awesome can't wait to see the video .

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Be careful guys; with the Fury's long wheelbase, it takes a lot to get the front wheel to loft, but once it starts comin' up, it comes quick! Ground-looping on pavement ain't pretty............

Cheers

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Be careful guys; with the Fury's long wheelbase, it takes a lot to get the front wheel to loft, but once it starts comin' up, it comes quick! Ground-looping on pavement ain't pretty............

Cheers
I got the front wheel up a little last summer in front of Baylor U on a hot sticky road surface. When I felt it going up it shocked me and I let off immediately. I was trying to get it up (insert "that's what she said" here) but won't try it again.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Cheers
I hear You bar My whole body is scared up from motorcycle accidents but Im not trying to put her at 12 o'clock nor do I think its possible to get her there .

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I hear You bar My whole body is scared up from motorcycle accidents but Im not trying to put her at 12 o'clock nor do I think its possible to get her there .
Well, if you've ever had one at 9 o'clock, then you already know how incredibly rapidly it gets from there to 12 o'clock and, disasterously, beyond.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well, if you've ever had one at 9 o'clock, then you already know how incredibly fast it goes from there to 12 o'clock and, disasterously, beyond.

Cheers
Thanx Bar... dude if I hit 12 im gonna ride her up the street as far as I can get her to go I even will try to shift her through the gears ! To be honest I don't think she has it in her ... I think all the crotch rockets I ever owned had a lot more power than my fury so I know how bikes feel on one wheel . I have had them past 12 and they still don't go over if You know what your doing with the gas and the brake . I was surprized she even came up it wasn't my plan just wanted to kick her sideways a little but she had other things on her mind .

1 - 20 of 44 Posts