Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some low profile turn signals to replace the stock signals on the front of my Fury. Removed the stock lights, then put the new ones on. These are just bulb lights (not LED), so I figured pretty simple swap. With everything hooked up and the bike running, I get my turn signal lights (below the speedometer) on all the time, but nothing from the actual turn signals. The don't run, blink, nothing. My rear LED light runs, blinks, and breaks just fine. I replaced the fuse for the signals and that did nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Gauge

Brass instrument Automotive lighting Auto part Fender Vehicle

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
They look like they are made of plastic, if they are they should have two wires one for ground and one for power from the flasher. If they only have one wire then they should ground to the frame (forks), but if they are plastic then there is no path to ground and you'll have to open them up and add an extra wire.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have 2 wires that look the same. I had 2 wires and a ground coming from the bike. I connected the 2 bike wires to the 2 signal wires and added a spade connector to the ground wire from the bike. I grounded that to the forks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ebay blinkers ?

Did you but them from eBay maybe from China or Japan about of that ero stuff like that just had funny reactions when hooked up to American vehicles yes even if there the ero made they still have American standards that make their wiring work differently then the ero. Maybe that helps maybe not good luck

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
They have 2 wires that look the same. I had 2 wires and a ground coming from the bike. I connected the 2 bike wires to the 2 signal wires and added a spade connector to the ground wire from the bike. I grounded that to the forks.
I'll bet the lamps inside the turn signals have two elements say one for parking lights and one for the turn signal. So the way you have it wired the circuit is open. If you can work out which of the wires from the bike is ground (use a multimeter) then hook up the power from the flasher to one wire from the light and the ground to the metal stud/bolt from the turn signal housing. One of the elements will turn on, use which ever one is brighter.

This assumes that the lamps inside the tun signals are OK.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Your new signals don't appear to be dual filament or they would have 3 wires more than likely... I would disconnect 1 wire from the lights and hook your ground to the wire from the new light ( it doesn't matter which wire as you stated they are not led so power will flow either way) then turn key on and see if you have running lights if not turn your signal on it should blink... if you do have running lights then disconnect the power lead and hook up the other lead that you disconnected earlier and test again... hope this makes sense

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sounds like you're hooking a two wire light to the three wires. Fury has one wire for turn signal, one wire for running lights, and ground.

You can wire either turn, or running, as is (but not both) Or wire in a circuit to do both.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna give these ideas a shot and hope for the best. Hate to take something simple like this to the shop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Success! I just needed to connect the turn signal wire and ground wire to the signal. Thank for your help guys, really appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts