Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Moved my front lollies down on the forks a la RSS' mod. When I started, I noticed they were both very loose, but I just thought maybe they'd wiggled looose...not so. When I got them down in their new position and tightened everything back up, they were still loose. Did I miss something in RSS' post (I can't seem to find the post any more)? Does anyone have any advice on how to secure them better?

Thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Just Moved my front lollies down on the forks a la RSS' mod. When I started, I noticed they were both very loose, but I just thought maybe they'd wiggled looose...not so. When I got them down in their new position and tightened everything back up, they were still loose. Did I miss something in RSS' post (I can't seem to find the post any more)? Does anyone have any advice on how to secure them better?

Thanks

Mike
No, they stay a little loose there unless you stick something in there. And yes, noticed they were a little loose when I first started too, even before I moved them down, so I just stuck some thin soft rubber in there and it tightened right up; suggest sticking something in there around the fork in order to tighten it up (paper, plastic, tape, something to make it feel more snug; although paper will probably rot after awhile)... Nothing like a free mod :D

I will add that suggestion to my original posting, thanks for bringing it to my attention, almost forgot about that little detail.

P.S. Changed my original post to reflect this ;)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
when I moved mine down (before I found the forums). There is a little metal positioning clip which also holds the wires in place, switch the clips to the other signal and slip it into the tripletree joint like it was in the stock position. I think I had to bend the tab a touch to get them to point straight tho

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Lowes or Home Depot sells 3/8 aluminum tubing, the tube can be cut and bent to shape and polished and the plug will slide through the tube, then you can use brake line clamps to hold them in place.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the responses...I'll be putting in some sort of 'spacer' this weekend. Prolly go with electrical tape, but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
yeah, i noticed this a while back too. i suspect even electrical tape will fail after a few washes.
something solid--maybe a half of a shampoo bottle--something that won't fail when wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts