Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching and reading posts. If I do pipes I need the FC. Do I do the FC first? I already put in a K&N filter because it had the original. Eventually I want to do the spike.
thanks

·
Registered
2011 Fury
864 Posts
Actually u need the FC with intake changes. Just Pipes you could’ve avoided it, modify both pipes and intake - you need the FC. In all honesty I’m running a full cobra setup, pipes, intake and tuner and my tuner is now set at 1-2-2 and it’s rich. I’ve posted before about seeing other Furys and VTX line bikes running intakes and pipes without a FC and running fine. I’ve seen people doing this that does not mean it’s ok or not, idk I just know people do it.

·
Administrator
3,953 Posts
I have been searching and reading posts. If I do pipes I need the FC. Do I do the FC first? I already put in a K&N filter because it had the original. Eventually I want to do the spike.
thanks
Check the plugs first. If they read "rich" then of course no, it's good to go.
If they're "normal" then it'll probably be fine, just check them after.
If they read "lean" (which I haven't heard of yet) then a FC is suggested. (Mind you the tune needs to fall within EPA regulations to be legal.)

If changing the intake then the fuel/air ratio could be leaned out excessively, depending. It seems most are good without a tune.

If changing out the intake and exhaust and remaining somewhat "corked" it'll probably be fine, if it's uncorked it it'll probably need a tune.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Actually u need the FC with intake changes. Just Pipes you could’ve avoided it, modify both pipes and intake - you need the FC. In all honesty I’m running a full cobra setup, pipes, intake and tuner and my tuner is now set at 1-2-2 and it’s rich. I’ve posted before about seeing other Furys and VTX line bikes running intakes and pipes without a FC and running fine. I’ve seen people doing this that does not mean it’s ok or not, idk I just know people do it.
I see you have changed your numbers ... closer to what Cobra recommends for their setup.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
864 Posts
I see you have changed your numbers ... closer to what Cobra recommends for their setup.
Yes, after Daytona I noticed the black soot on the fender and took it down. With regular gas and those settings I ran her 135 miles on one tank and mind u I was doin 75-80 most of the time. And the fender is nearly clean, little fog from the exhaust and the rain mixing. Forgot to hit u up… my bad dawg!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts