Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for a similar thread, with no luck. Does anyone out there make a fuel gauge in a gas cap that'll fit the fury? I know many complanies make them for HD, but can't find any for us. (Motorcycle Gas Cap & Gauges | J&P Cycles)

Low and Mean always come out with awesome products, so was hoping for something sleek and killer from them.

Any thoughts from members? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
We have no other options for fuel caps let alone ones with a gas guage on it unfortunately unless a person was to cut out the opening and weld in a new one, which to my knowledge no ones done.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I reset my trip meter when I refuel. I get 50 mpg. The tank holds 3.4 gal. If i have traveled 120 miles since I refueled it will take 2.4 gal. etc....

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is why my next bike will be a HD. Not because I like them, but because you can get any option you can possibly imagine for them.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol...thanks guys!

you're the best

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Fury must have a float since it has a low fuel indicator, I wonder how far up the float goes, or if it is just a last minute thing. The ECU might have an output for fuel level.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
The Fury must have a float since it has a low fuel indicator, I wonder how far up the float goes, or if it is just a last minute thing. The ECU might have an output for fuel level.
I believe it is a thermistor. The fuel on it cools it, and once exposed it warms up, and the light comes on. Could wrong though, but a float is pretty old school for now days...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe it is a thermistor. The fuel on it cools it, and once exposed it warms up, and the light comes on.
So... here's a question: I recently had my tank off to be painted. Tank was completely dry when I put it back on the bike. To test the "low fuel" light, I first put in maybe less than a quart of gas, turned on ignition, and started bike. Light did *not* come on. I subsequently filled the tank and have not driven enough to run low on fuel, but I'm not sure I now trust the light.

When I first bought the bike (used) there was little fuel in tank and light *did* come on, so I know the light worked at that time. I reconnected the wires when installing the tank, but paid no attention to which wire went on which lug. I just assumed it was an *on-off" switch.

So does the switch have to cycle through a "cool/warm" sequence?
Do I need to reverse the wires on the switch?
Has the switch somehow failed during the time (two months) it was off the bike and out of the tank?

Thanks for any insight.

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Forgive the obvious question, but are the wires underneath the tank plugged in? I don't know if it matters what order they are on, but there are two little push-on wires that handle the level. Also, you should see that light start to come on at about 110 miles, if you are getting nervous about the level. Then supposedly you have another 30 miles or so to go, but I've never had it past about 120. I don't relish the thought of pushing this thing to a gas station.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Forgive the obvious question, but are the wires underneath the tank plugged in? I don't know if it matters what order they are on, but there are two little push-on wires that handle the level. Also, you should see that light start to come on at about 110 miles, if you are getting nervous about the level. Then supposedly you have another 30 miles or so to go, but I've never had it past about 120. I don't relish the thought of pushing this thing to a gas station.
The wires *are* plugged in, but as I said in my post above, I paid no attention to order.

I just thought that, with less than a quart of gas -- probably just about two *cups* of gas -- the light would have come on at that point...

I suppose it's possible that I didn't push the wires on *far enough*. I'll lift the tank to make sure...

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
The wires *are* plugged in, but as I said in my post above, I paid no attention to order.

I just thought that, with less than a quart of gas -- probably just about two *cups* of gas -- the light would have come on at that point...

I suppose it's possible that I didn't push the wires on *far enough*. I'll lift the tank to make sure...
Ugh, so much for MY reading skills :D But yes, a quart should have triggered it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts