Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Steve from FL... I have a 2010 Interstate vt1300 that I have been having problems with since last OCT 2011 when the Bike was still in Warranty. I took it to the dealer twice while under warranty for the prob;em, but since it would not do it in front of their eyes they would not go foward. Once they said it was a loose battery bolt, only to have the bike spit & sputter afyer being hot on throttle a few days later after paying $85.. They could not find anything on codes next time.... Twice I got it there while it was not able to take power hardly at all, driving it chugging for 6-7 miles and getting the main tech outside to here it. It would still idle fine. It only happens when hot. I said ride it before I turn it off. He reached over and turned it off. Then tried to restart. It did not duplicate. A second time a few weeks later I brought it struggling in and got the owner first, told him when the tech comes out he will turn it off when he comes out, and he walked over and turned it off. Now the problems happens more often and finally after warranty has expired a few months a new tech manager rode the bike first when it arrived, and a Honda Rep was there the next day and they were able to reproduce it with him there. No codes show on the computer, but fuel pump has no sensors, and will not have codes. He wants them to check vent lines and everything else from the internal fuel filter &so on... he seems resistive to just replacing the fuel pump and says > Honda has not had any issues with fuel pumps on these bikes <..... I have located about 10 posts on this forum showing 2010 vt1300 models with fuel pump issues.... They have had my bike over a week now.... I documented all times I brought bike in for this same problem while in warranty, but no Lemon law in FL on motorcycles.... It has been hinted by tech that it may get covered, but first they are trying to see if any of my extra lights or other is causing the problem.... They were all dealer options put on. I am sure if it was a lighting problem a fuse or bulb would have blown by now. ALSO .. I only get about 36--38 MPG... is this an issue with any one else who has a fuel pump problem ?? maybe they are related as I see others get 44-50 MPG... My bike has 7000 miles on it... would like to know who all has similar problem, as I want my bike fixed or money back. This is also a safety issue for Honda, if this would happen on the inyerstae with semis around,,,, could be bad...

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Hopefully they will get it right..
I wouldn't be concerned with added lights, related to a starved fuel issue.
There is always Honda Regional contacts to escalate to if they fail to repair it.
Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts