Honda Fury Forums: banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well NMU...I'm not clueless (at least not here on the Forum) but in the pic you will see the fuel line coming down from the tank location and I would thing that splicing an in-line filter in the space just below the seat is the only logical place. I think it is a 5/16" line (don't know...may be metric) but remember there are two lines and you must put the filter in the feed line that goes to the quick connect on the pump.

Attachments

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Jim, thanks for going the extra mile and doing the write up with pics. Class Act !
+1 Jim. It's a lot of extra work especially when you are in the middle of a messy tear-down and trying to focus on the job ... not sure if the pun was intended ;). Much appreciated :).

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
question: will adding an additional fuel filter change the flow specs at all?
sounds like you'd be adding one more thing in the fuel flow that the fuel pump isn't designed to handle.

that's my amateurish two cents worth.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Good question Skap..... The fuel feed to the pump is 'Free flow' so I assume as long as the filter is not clogged there would be no problem.

If I were going to add an in-line filter, I would get quick connect ends from a marine store that stop the flow from the tank when disconnected so it would make it very easy to change the in-line filter and I would change it every time I changed oil. I believe there is plenty of room between the split of the backbone to install this filter changing system.

I would think that if the filter were clogged and the fuel pump was starving for gas, there would be a noticable hesitation when you throttle up giving you the head's up that there is a flow problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Painter, My 2010 Fury starved for fuel yesterday while on a ride, the more gas I gave it the worse it ran. I pulled over, not turning the bike off, then started back riding with no issues. Rode about another 75 miles with no issues, any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Painter, My 2010 Fury starved for fuel yesterday while on a ride, the more gas I gave it the worse it ran. I pulled over, not turning the bike off, then started back riding with no issues. Rode about another 75 miles with no issues, any suggestions?
Painter hasn't been on here in a while... This is a very old thread.... It is great that you are using the search button but you will have better results by starting your own new thread and giving as much info and details as possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
that white stuff and black specs were the exact thing I found in mine when I removed it.....btw, I didn't remove the tire....just loosened the doololly on the right and wiggled the pump free and out.....yeah, I know, I'm a technical genius.....:D:D:D:eek:
that white stuff and black specs were the exact thing I found in mine when I removed it.....btw, I didn't remove the tire....just loosened the doololly on the right and wiggled the pump free and out.....yeah, I know, I'm a technical genius.....:D:D:D:eek:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts