Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone , does anyone know how to fine tune the Cobra Fi2000 powerpro Black?? The "factory" settings do not work for my set up (Hypercharger and short pipes) What happened was as soon as I added the pipes I got a BIG loss in responsiveness when I twist the throttle?? Did I do something stupid?? I tried all day adjusting the acceleration fuel feed and the "take away fuel" settings and got it where it is "just O K" and that's not good enough. So tomorrow on my day off I am gonna see if she will run OK without the tuner (after all Honda has been doing this longer than Cobra) and btw the "Tech guy at Cobra" was dumb as F had no clue what he was even talking about and basicly said that their setting were optimal after I told him it didn't work and if he could maybe give me an idea how to adjust the settings.....the app to me sucks for my set up. So with that been said I just might have one for sell real soon for cheap....

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pipes are the issue.

There is not enough "back pressure".

You need to install a baffle of some sort... a lollipop baffle would probably suffice.
really? it's that simple ...lol, won't the lollipop melt though? and what flavor works best? seriously I could just find one anywhere ya think? other question don't baffles quiet down the pipes? I bought them to be loud...?

here's what I've got

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really? it's that simple ...lol, won't the lollipop melt though? and what flavor works best? seriously I could just find one anywhere ya think? other question don't baffles quiet down the pipes? I bought them to be loud...?

here's what I've got

So I just got off the phone with Steve ...who made my pipes and he said if need be he'd make me a washer baffle but he himself like me is baffled that the pipes would decrease my power instead of increase it so tomorrow when she's cool I'll double check to see if there is a leak at either gasket and if that's not it I'll try running her without the tuner to see if that makes any difference.....so guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow and see what gives.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the California version of the Cobra FI2000 with the Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust pipes. The California motor vehicle department made Cobra limit their product for California use. I could not get the rev and top speed limits removed. There is a need for back pressure in the exhaust pipes. All the tuning takes that back pressure into account. There are posts from other bike owners with different bikes that lament the radical loss of power by going to after market pipes with different characteristics. Used to be that the less restrictive exhaust flow would make it easier for the engine to breath and have better performance. Not so anymore.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the California version of the Cobra FI2000 with the Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust pipes. The California motor vehicle department made Cobra limit their product for California use. I could not get the rev and top speed limits removed. There is a need for back pressure in the exhaust pipes. All the tuning takes that back pressure into account. There are posts from other bike owners with different bikes that lament the radical loss of power by going to after market pipes with different characteristics. Used to be that the less restrictive exhaust flow would make it easier for the engine to breath and have better performance. Not so anymore.
I actually think it's my error.... prob have a leak at the gasket cause the bottom nut at the rear pipe is real tricky to fit a tool in there , but I bought a tiny 1/4 ratchet today after work so hopefully tomorrow (sat) I'll figure it out.....But I do appreciate everyone's advise and knowledge on the matter cause I'm not quite a mechanic....If all goes well tomorrow I will be doing a photo shoot of my bike to submit to a magazine......."Metric bikes Matter" (the fact that mine is black is the cool part...lol)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HOLY CRAP!!! So get a load of this ...... I checked for any screw ups on my end, there was no gasket leak or anything but for shits and giggles I loosened and re-tightend just to be sure. Then I went to un hook the Cobra Fi20000 Powerpro Black (mind you the "tech guy" I called yesterday assured me it was no fault of the product and that I probably did some simple mistake ... and he was a flippin dickhead with no clue about the product or how to trouble shoot or represent the company he works for) guess what I discovered?????? one of the wires to the rear injector had come un-crimped so my loss of power was due to only having one freaking cylinder ..... So I removed the pin (cause I'm a neard and have pin puller keys) and soldered it back together. But btw while it disconnected I hooked up the stock wires and it seamed to fire just fine twisting the throttle however I did not take it for a spin., Anyways I re connected the Powerpro and it works quite well now. My pipes from Steve at STG are really bad ass! gave several more horse she now really pulls when I twist the throttle. I did the photo shoot so I will be posting my project story with pics hopefully tomorrow at some point.

BTW I found another way to gain 10 HP.........

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
The rev and speed limit is set by Honda and no Cobra controller will remove them. If you want to get them removed you should get the ECU re-flashed.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! So get a load of this ...... I checked for any screw ups on my end, there was no gasket leak or anything but for shits and giggles I loosened and re-tightend just to be sure. Then I went to un hook the Cobra Fi20000 Powerpro Black (mind you the "tech guy" I called yesterday assured me it was no fault of the product and that I probably did some simple mistake ... and he was a flippin dickhead with no clue about the product or how to trouble shoot or represent the company he works for) guess what I discovered?????? one of the wires to the rear injector had come un-crimped so my loss of power was due to only having one freaking cylinder ..... So I removed the pin (cause I'm a neard and have pin puller keys) and soldered it back together. But btw while it disconnected I hooked up the stock wires and it seamed to fire just fine twisting the throttle however I did not take it for a spin., Anyways I re connected the Powerpro and it works quite well now. My pipes from Steve at STG are really bad ass! gave several more horse she now really pulls when I twist the throttle. I did the photo shoot so I will be posting my project story with pics hopefully tomorrow at some point.

I would have removed the fuel controller from the circuit and gone back to stock first to isolate the controller. If the situation improved then I would suspect a faulty controller. In computer land we call it the binary chop.......LOL.

Just about every tech support person in any area you speak to is never an expert, they just go off a script. Sad to think that these days you are on your own when things go wrong. It's DIY all the way.

·
Registered
202 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! So get a load of this ...... I checked for any screw ups on my end, there was no gasket leak or anything but for shits and giggles I loosened and re-tightend just to be sure. Then I went to un hook the Cobra Fi20000 Powerpro Black (mind you the "tech guy" I called yesterday assured me it was no fault of the product and that I probably did some simple mistake ... and he was a flippin dickhead with no clue about the product or how to trouble shoot or represent the company he works for) guess what I discovered?????? one of the wires to the rear injector had come un-crimped so my loss of power was due to only having one freaking cylinder .....
Good to hear you did not need to install any type of restrictor to get the power restored.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I need at least 4-5 of them stickers ... where can I get them???

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need at least 4-5 of them stickers ... where can I get them???
I got mine from wish This Sticker Adds 10 Hp Funny Vinyl Sticker Decal Car Truck Bike Motorcycle Jdm (Buy 2 Get 1 Extra) | Wish

but it took forever but I guess that didn't matter since my pipes took even longer lol?!? anyways be aware that the sticker is black and the lettering is transparent so I had to stick it on some colored duct tape to make it visible on my black swingarm.

I also seen them on etsy This Sticker Adds 10 Hp Funny Vinyl Sticker Decal Car Truck Bike Motorcycle Jdm (Buy 2 Get 1 Extra) | Wish and I asked if the lettewring was transparent or white but haven't herd back from the person yet.

So if my mom liked to dress up like my dad and my dad liked to dress up like my mom would that make my folks transparent ? ..... wow I'm an idiot !!! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts