Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Viper 2's today and already have them and the fuel controller installed on the bike. Took me about 1.5 hours to get the stock exhaust off and the new exhaust put on. The fuel controller really was "plug and play." It has 4 connectors and 1 ground. I have to run out and get a 45 degree socket to tighten the nuts up (can't find mine), so I will take a few pics when I get back. Looks and sounds Awesome!!!!! Predators video does not do these things justice. They sound sooooo much better in person.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I second that! No digital media will fully capture the sweet sound these pipes produce :D

Soooooo... where's the pictures ??? :cool:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been raining really hard here today. I tried to get the best pics I could looking out of the garage. I then took my digital camera and took a short video of them. The video still doesn't do them justice. They are louder than the video can pick up.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing to watch for on the vipers... I noticed that the exhaust was contacting the chrome plastic transmission cover. The exhaust gets fat where the pipe from the rear cylinder joins in. After noticing it, I loosened up the bolts and lowered the mounting bracket before tightening the manifold bolts back up. That fixed the problem. Exhaust is about 1/8 from the cover now. Doug at Fuggin says this is enough to not damage the cover.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was my camera. Just a digital olympus, so it was making it look like it was flashing. I kept looking at the camera and then looking back at the bike, trying to figure out why I was seeing it flash in the camera screen.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks and sounds great! Those are the pipes I am ordering for my bike soon.
You will be very happy with them. They sound awesome!!!! It was definitely worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I finally watched the video and viewed the pictures. They look awesome!

Are you planning on dropping the rear when a kit is avaliable? I know I am and we pretty much have the same set up :cool:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally watched the video and viewed the pictures. They look awesome!

Are you planning on dropping the rear when a kit is avaliable? I know I am and we pretty much have the same set up :cool:
I'm definitely going to drop the rear when something comes out. It sounds like L&M will be coming out with something any day now. Hopefully they build it in house!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Chopped, Bike is lookin sweet! I've been holding out on the exhaust and intake adaptor wanting to see the finished product from Accutronix first.

Right now, kinda leaning towards the Mayhem's w/Low N Mean adaptor and spike intake, but hoping Tdebeers or JHL posts up a vid of the Mayhem ;) although like you said, no video will do any of these pipes any justice, just need something to push me forward and just buy them! :D

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Hey Man, are you going to submit some pictures for this month?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Man, are you going to submit some pictures for this month?
Waiting for my grill from IRATE. I also have a front spoiler that I added some red LEDs instead of the the Honda lighting. Didn't want to install it and then have to take it apart when the grill shows up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Waiting for my grill from IRATE. I also have a front spoiler that I added some red LEDs instead of the the Honda lighting. Didn't want to install it and then have to take it apart when the grill shows up.
What led's are you going to use ? I have a spoiler on order and I want something different than the Honda lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just installed the Viper 2s and they definitely sound amazing. The videos do not do them justice at all. By far the best addition to the bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Install

I posted this to another spot on the forum, but could I do all the work of installing the pipes, fuel controller, and intake myself? Yes, I am mechanically inclined I just have never worked on motorcycles myself. Also, anybody got a wait time on the black Viper-2's lately?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts