Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that many have blocked or removed the pair valve and hopefully solved the backfire problems, and production of Fuggin pipes are rolling out again, I'm wondering what fuel controller settings people are running to take advantage of aftermarket intake, spike filter's specifically. I've been thinking of bumping up mode 1, 2, and 3. Not sure about the rest. Thought somebody would have some input for maximizing power rather than reducing backfiring.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Ok, now that many have blocked or removed the pair valve and hopefully solved the backfire problems, and production of Fuggin pipes are rolling out again, I'm wondering what fuel controller settings people are running to take advantage of aftermarket intake, spike filter's specifically. I've been thinking of bumping up mode 1, 2, and 3. Not sure about the rest. Thought somebody would have some input for maximizing power rather than reducing backfiring.
I don't know... but I remember my pipes were louder on the original settings from Fuggin and also the original settings were pretty damn nice as far as power was concerned. Hopefully after I get that pair valve removed, I can change back to almost the stock settings (didn't like the MPG on the original) and be a little louder with my pipes and get that Original HP back :D :D :D

Tony just removed his pair valve and he has the fuggin controller, maybe he'll chime in if he adjusted his yet...?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It might be my imagination, or I'm not riding as hard because I'm still at awe of the sound of the Vipers (love the decel rasp), but it seems I lost some power, but I cant pinpoint at what cause. I got rid of the pair valve, put on the viper II's and D&M spike at the same time.
So now I'm wondering if I need to richen everything up. I must have about 150-200 miles since the change and have no backfire or discoloring.
On a side note, I live right on the northern califonia coast, the air is quite humid. The pipes sound louder in the marine layer than a few miles inland.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
It might be my imagination, or I'm not riding as hard because I'm still at awe of the sound of the Vipers (love the decel rasp), but it seems I lost some power, but I cant pinpoint at what cause. I got rid of the pair valve, put on the viper II's and D&M spike at the same time.
So now I'm wondering if I need to richen everything up. I must have about 150-200 miles since the change and have no backfire or discoloring.
On a side note, I live right on the northern califonia coast, the air is quite humid. The pipes sound louder in the marine layer than a few miles inland.
I live in the humid south...I don't think that affects the pipe discoloration one way or the other....I'm still running stock air, so I can't elaborate on the settings......did do the pair valve block though...no backfiring or popping whatsoever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts