Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had some decent weather today. Good enough to get my Reapers installed after having them for more than 2 months. They look great and sound even better. I'm a happy guy!

DSCN0070.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good choice Snuff. I really like the Vipers too. I had Raw Design Reaper
tips on mine before I got these. Next thing I'm going to do is get an air cleaner, Maybe S&S.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Lookin Good! :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LETS HERE THEM
I'm going to see if I can figure out how to post a video today. I can tell you that I'm real happy with the sound....I'd have to call it deep and throaty. When I took the first ride yesterday, there was a little popping and mild backfiring, but nothing offensive. I'll try to post a video so you can check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Sundance...they look great! Mine are due to get here Wednesday....can't wait.....any tips on the installation of them or the fuel controller? .
I can tell you, I'm no mechanical genius and I got it all done in about three hours. I did find myself sitting there scratching my head a couple of times because of the lack of good instructions (Fuggin's and the Fury repair manual). When I was done I fired it up and all was good.

There are no instructions for the exhaust themselves. The bracket comes with three mounting holes, one for each pipe and one that bolts to the frame. What you get is a piece of tape wrapped around one of the bolts marked "FRAME", and that's your instructions.

Instructions for the controller are not very detailed either. One you remove the air cleaner cover, the air cleaner and the air cleaner housing (had minor issues removing the housing because the instructions in the Fury repair manual forgot to mention that you needed to remove 4 screws towards the center, remember, I'm an instructions guy. I don't like to wing anything) you'll see the wiring that you need to tap into. Instructions don't tell you which of the two leads goes where and I really don't know if it matters. All I know is the bike fired right up and ran very well.

Anyway there are 2 basic leads coming off the controller and a ground wire. I chose to run the controller itself and the ground wire over to the left side of the bike and ground on the negative battery cable. Also I mounted the controller onto the side of the battery by placing it right under the battery strap. Very secure. I don't think that will cause any problems, but I'm open for feedback on that.

Good luck with yours!

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I can tell you, I'm no mechanical genius and I got it all done in about three hours. I did find myself sitting there scratching my head a couple of times because of the lack of good instructions (Fuggin's and the Fury repair manual). When I was done I fired it up and all was good.

There are no instructions for the exhaust themselves. The bracket comes with three mounting holes, one for each pipe and one that bolts to the frame. What you get is a piece of tape wrapped around one of the bolts marked "FRAME", and that's your instructions.

Instructions for the controller are not very detailed either. One you remove the air cleaner cover, the air cleaner and the air cleaner housing (had minor issues removing the housing because the instructions in the Fury repair manual forgot to mention that you needed to remove 4 screws towards the center, remember, I'm an instructions guy. I don't like to wing anything) you'll see the wiring that you need to tap into. Instructions don't tell you which of the two leads goes where and I really don't know if it matters. All I know is the bike fired right up and ran very well.

Anyway there are 2 basic leads coming off the controller and a ground wire. I chose to run the controller itself and the ground wire over to the left side of the bike and ground on the negative battery cable. Also I mounted the controller onto the side of the battery by placing it right under the battery strap. Very secure. I don't think that will cause any problems, but I'm open for feedback on that.

Good luck with yours!
Much obliged for the feedback.....Doug at Fuggin told me over the phone when I ordered it that it didn't matter which wire plugged where....but I don't yet even know what to plug into (I don't have a shop manual)...gonna wing it.:rolleyes: Have done some shadetree mechanicing on bikes over the years, but none with EFI. Did you put the controller in while you had the stock pipes off, before putting the reapers on? I know you have to be able to fire the bike up to let the controller do it's thing initially.....any issues with the nuts holding the pipes to the heads? I just have your usual metric sockets, wrenches....I know I've read somewhere on the list that one of the nuts is a bear to get to....did you use any special tool? I gotta go to the dealer tomorrow and get a couple of gaskets....do i need anything else?

Thanks for your help,
Bob

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Much obliged for the feedback.....Doug at Fuggin told me over the phone when I ordered it that it didn't matter which wire plugged where....but I don't yet even know what to plug into (I don't have a shop manual)...gonna wing it.:rolleyes: Have done some shadetree mechanicing on bikes over the years, but none with EFI. Did you put the controller in while you had the stock pipes off, before putting the reapers on? I know you have to be able to fire the bike up to let the controller do it's thing initially.....any issues with the nuts holding the pipes to the heads? I just have your usual metric sockets, wrenches....I know I've read somewhere on the list that one of the nuts is a bear to get to....did you use any special tool? I gotta go to the dealer tomorrow and get a couple of gaskets....do i need anything else?

Thanks for your help,
Bob
I needed 12 & 14mm sockets with extension (one place I needed to slap a 2nd extension on) I also found combination wrenches to be helpful (open end on one end, rachet on the other) I guess that's what you call them. As I said, I'm no mechanic so that says something about how easy this job was.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Wife just called me.....pipes and controller have arrived....and lo and behold, the dealer came through and got the exhaust gaskets in........licking my lips here!!!! Like a kid in a candy store....

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Wife just called me.....pipes and controller have arrived....and lo and behold, the dealer came through and got the exhaust gaskets in........licking my lips here!!!! Like a kid in a candy store....
Hmmm,,,, I have my parts shipped directly to the shop so the wife doesn’t see them. Do you think that is a problem?

Funny thing happened last Saturday when she took me up to pick up my bike. The Service manager had it all shined up and ready to go when we got there. We walked in and the only thing she noticed was the Fuggin Air Intake! She said “what’s that thing for?”. She didn’t even notice the Sumo 250 tire kit!:D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Hmmm,,,, I have my parts shipped directly to the shop so the wife doesn’t see them. Do you think that is a problem?

Funny thing happened last Saturday when she took me up to pick up my bike. The Service manager had it all shined up and ready to go when we got there. We walked in and the only thing she noticed was the Fuggin Air Intake! She said “what’s that thing for?”. She didn’t even notice the Sumo 250 tire kit!:D
Again... whoever came up with the saying "ignorance is bliss"... is so right... lol... :p

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I put those suckers on last night in the carport - was planning to do it Saturday in the shop at my Mom's house, but couldn't wait since I want to ride Saturday. Took me 3 1/2 hrs to do it.......never thought it would take that long....I don't have a shop manual. Took off the stock muffler pretty easily....had trouble getting the gaskets out though....then I looked at the fuggin bracket and scratched my head a few times in trying to figure out how and where it went on the bike......put it down and proceeded to take the stock exhaust bracket off.....I don't have a lift so I'm laying all over the ground feeling up in there (at least as far as my hands could go) trying to find where the bracket was bolted and if anything else was attached. Finally figured that out and took it off....then scratched my head about the fuggin bracket placement since there were no instructions...looked like it would go in one spot but seemed that the bolt would rub against a metal line....finally decided what the heck and bolted it on, tiny clearance with the line, so good to go...got out the front fuggin pipe and quickly learned that I wouldn't be able to get to the nut to tighten it on the bracket....took the bracket off and secured it against the front pipe, then worked it back in place and mounted the front one...rear pipe was easer, bolted right on.....Next came the controller....had the devil of a time finding how to feed those big connector heads through the small space to get to the connection points behind the breather.....took me a while, finally got a long "tie-tie" and fed it through the wiring, then pulled them and worked them through....easy hookup after that...grounded it under the seat...lost one seat bolt when trying to put it back on...fell down into those tight cavernous spaces somewhere....put the controller under the battery strap.....it was now 10:30pm....I cranked it, the lights went back and forth as they should, then the first 2 green lights remained lit....cracked the throttle once briefly, but seeing as how it was that late, didn't want to disturb anyone.....can't wait to try them out tomorrow! Need to clean my dirty paw prints off the bike now.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Hey Bob, Great news and glade to see you got them on ok. I bet they sound and look nice. Nice way to start the riding season and they will hear you coming down the road now. Post up some photos if you can.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts