Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Thanks to MLT Customs in Sweden, the Fuggin Viper-2 is a hit. The European Fury hit 60.87hp and 106.15 Newton meters of torque with Fuggin Viper-2.

Here a link to one of Swedens biggest biker Magazines showing the first Fury's delivered in Sweden and Fuggin Viper-2 are there.Honda VT1300CX Fury 2010 : PROVKÖRD
With just the Viper-2 pipes only? or did they also install your fuel controller?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With just the Viper-2 pipes only? or did they also install your fuel controller?
In this case they used a power commander fuel controller. The Honda dealer only sells this manfacturer for the time being. They will be selling our Euro controller in the future. The European emissions are much hard to qualifiy for than the US. Also the Fury in Europe has O2 sensors in the pipes so we are looking at controller that will read the O2 for adjustments.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication

·
Registered
158 Posts
Way Kewl

We are currently bending pipe for the Viper X-XL. We should have pictures of the proto-type next week.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
That's great Doug! I'm glad to see your working on the project. In the future, I think taking a poll on new ideas you might have is a good thing. It gives us owners a chance to talk and debate on your ideas, mean while it gives you a chance to see potential sales. Thanks again, I like all your products and special thanks for helping make the Fury Forums possible.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Thanks to MTL Customs in Sweden, the Fuggin Viper-2 is a hit. The European Fury hit 60.87hp and 106.15 Newton meters of torque with Fuggin Viper-2.

Here a link to one of Swedens biggest biker Magazines showing the first Fury's delivered in Sweden and Fuggin Viper-2 are there.Honda VT1300CX Fury 2010 : PROVKÖRD
Great! A significant increase in both torque and horsepower. But I'm troubled that both parameters drop off so dramatically at around 3500 RPM. Why? Is the mass-flow above that RPM simply overwhelming the capacity of the pipe, or are we seeing the effect of some weird plugging pulses generated by the baffling, or what??? I don't understand.

Cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great! A significant increase in both torque and horsepower. But I'm troubled that both parameters drop off so dramatically at around 3500 RPM. Why? Is the mass-flow above that RPM simply overwhelming the capacity of the pipe, or are we seeing the effect of some weird plugging pulses generated by the baffling, or what??? I don't understand.

Cheers
If you will notice in the Dyno test posted in the article, the stock HP results drop off at about 3.3 vs 3.5. This has nothing to do with the capacity of the pipe, or some weird plugging pulses generated by the baffling. It is related to the Honda ECU and controlling the timing at RPM. Until the code for the Honda ECU become available we won’t be able to know what is happening.

The Viper-2 exhaust - This design has been used on much larger motors, both Carbureted and EFI with better results. The problem is not with the exhaust, it with the capability of the motor and the adjustments that can be made. The Honda 1300 motor design is only going to get about 64 HP with any changes that are bolt on. The only way you are going to more is with a cam change and an ECU change.

Also note that the torque numbers on this Dyno are in Newton Meters.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
If you will notice in the Dyno test posted in the article, the stock HP results drop off at about 3.3 vs 3.5. This has nothing to do with the capacity of the pipe, or some weird plugging pulses generated by the baffling. It is related to the Honda ECU and controlling the timing at RPM. Until the code for the Honda ECU become available we won’t be able to know what is happening.

The Viper-2 exhaust - This design has been used on much larger motors, both Carbureted and EFI with better results. The problem is not with the exhaust, it with the capability of the motor and the adjustments that can be made. The Honda 1300 motor design is only going to get about 64 HP with any changes that are bolt on. The only way you are going to more is with a cam change and an ECU change.

Also note that the torque numbers on this Dyno are in Newton Meters.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
Thanks for the enlightenment, Doug. It seems just about the time I think that I'm gaining some insight, someone opens another door, then it's back to the dark ages! What's it take to "read-out" an ECU? Is it like reading-out an EPROM?

Let's see now, what did I do with that old flat-slide Lake Injector...............

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
That's pretty cool! Congratulations! Nice to see what the ABS brakes look like on the Fury also! I just wish I could read the article :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,

Here you have the English version of the article, I have "Google translate" it for you. Hope you understand anything of this "Swedish-English", you will probaly laugh when you read it...!
Enjoy and ride safe!

Regards

Mattias, MTL Custom Bikeparts / Sweden

Check also out our site : www.mtlcustom.com

"Honda VT1300CX Fury is a chopper-browbeaten motorcycle with the longest wheelbase Honda has ever produced. In late November, I took off on a cold test run with VT130CX Fury, and it was a long time since I felt so cool when I slipped up with a slide later. Read Sweden's first test drive of Honda Fury here.
In the most hear the word Chopper is often enough to be thinking about the movie "Easy Rider" and sent nick coated motorcycle with long forks, extreme to account wheelbase, high placed aphängarstyre, rigid rear frame (hardtail), and extremely uncomfortable driving position.
Honda's new Fury, a mass production Chopper Although the longest wheelbase a mass production Honda has ever had (1805 millimeters). On the other hand is unusually comfortable driving position to be a glider, and despite the rigid Stuket baksvingen is sprung by a well-concealed shock absorbers (which provides adjustment of spring preload and rebound damping). And the icing on the cake is the teardrop-shaped thin shell with a capacity of 12.8 liters.
The two-cylinder V-engine (52-point) is 1312 cubic centimeters, and with plenty of chrome accents. Each cylinder head contains three valves. In addition, the engine is equipped with PGM-FI fuel injection, digital ignition, dual spark plugs per cylinder, five-speed manual gearbox and shaft drive.
V-engine offers a nice rumble. In all cases, after Frederick Kjällman of Honda City in Upplands Väsby put your hands in the new motorcycle. Before I went out and felt a bit closer to the violently twisted chopper carried Fredrik an "air-and-noise operation," according to typical custom style.
Standard exhaust system of 2-2 model was dismantled and replaced by a lighter and more open ditto the 2-1 model (Viper from Fuggin fabrication). In addition, Frederick assembled a Dynojet Power Commander and modified air jar slightly. Everything was top of the fine-tuning of the brake bench that provided a power increase from 45.57 to 60.87 horsepower measured at rear wheel. At the same time the torque was increased from 86.11 to 106.15 Newton meters.
Although it is the end of November, it is plus degrees when I turn on the ignition and V-engine rumbles started. Of course, we must have into account that the model I test drive is modified in terms of "air and noise", as in virtually all demo motorcycles Harley-Davidson has always been. Apart from that the bike is in its standard version.
The new exhaust system from Fuggin Fabrication contribute to a wonderful beautiful song that sounds both mulligt from the driver's seat and from the side, without letting ugly lot. Although I am not a fan that cannot silencer, I must admit that the right kind of rumble embellish life. So even in this case.
I switched immediately to the driving position is not at all extreme or weird, I actually thought it would be. Saddle height is 678 millimeters, with their very low. Feet resting on gummiförsedde pegs placed low and far forward. In too many cases this tends to mean equal to an odd driving position where I sit as a "staple" and run. This has Honda been very successful in finding a good placement of pegs, handlebar and saddle, which gives a good driver ergonomics, which does not become annoying in a hurry.
Furthermore, Fury impressively smooth and easy to drive, despite its long wheelbase. Then it's time to turn around on the narrow road, I am surprised the turn radius, which is not worse than in most sports bikes.
The engine pushes on me in this form, and although twisted not to do bakdäcket spins off in time and out of season, I quickly evident at speeds over one hundred km / h when I so desire. But as you probably already understand the power of Fury is not high speed (even if Fury is perceived as very stable even at speeds well in excess of that allowed on roads in Sweden). Without this, Honda has managed to create a cool gliders that works really well for great glide.
Moreover, it does not say no to driving on really curvy roads, something that I like sharp. Another positive detail is that it is perfectly possible to run at normal pace with Fury, but that half the base is scraped away in the first best roundabout.
Such fluctuations are very smooth as well as the cable-operated clutch. Here, I take this opportunity to mention that I do not have an adjustable grip for coupling the handle. Something that Honda, however, chosen to provide the brake lever with.
Power from the V-engine is transferred to the rear wheel via the drive shaft, which feels Just right both driving and appearance. You check a little more carefully will find that Honda has designed the drive shaft to also be looking good and blend in as best it can only be in Furyns other designs. During the journey, I notice not carded at all, which is a good rating.
Overall, the journey smooth and pleasant, both when driving straight ahead as the curvy roads. Aside from the rumble from the open exhaust is run quiet.
The instrumentation is discreetly mounted on the handlebar mount. The analog indicator provides information on current speed. Tachometer missing. By contrast, a small digital panel that provides information on time and mileage harvested. In the black bar in the bottom of the instrumentation hidden indicator for flashers and various warning lights. Attractive and discreet.
The brakes are far better than what else is common in gliders. Here, Honda mounted anti-lock brakes (ABS) with combi function (CBS). This means in other words, the front brake is activated to a wise way, although the driver only uses the rear brake. Together, this good braking performance, offering a high sense of security even when there during the test drive to be both cold and wet in some quarters.
Although the suspension works well, and contributes to a particularly comfortable ride, but it means that there will be a "rocking" process.
Overall, I have a very good feeling inside after the test drive of Honda Fury. Last time I drove a glider and felt like this was cool during the test drive of the Harley-Davidson V-Rod at Irwin Dale Speedway in California.
Fury is a very delicious glider that offers a pleasant drive with good brakes and a chassis that despite his long stuk actually works well for motorcycle driving, even on winding roads. The only thing I think is unfortunate is the awkward location of the branch coupling for braking (which you find in front of the tank). Otherwise, I think Honda consistently been very successful with the Fury."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.