Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Interesting... a slight change I might mention is raising the canister level with the swing arm (just to cover it) :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Interesting... a slight change I might mention is raising the canister level with the swing arm (just to cover it) :D
Ditto. That's one of the things i like best about my cobra's. I also agree that a different cut would be better.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Ditto. That's one of the things i like best about my cobra's. I also agree that a different cut would be better.
Ditto to Predator and J.A.T.O.; higher, with a very slight down-slash.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
YES! But LENGTH is about perfect.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Speaking a someone who will not be buying these, but may have to work on a bike with them on it, how difficult is it going to be to remove the timing hole cover ? (Some after market pipes on VTXs require the manufacture of "special tools" to get the cover off) And if you raise the muffler will you be able to remove the caliper stop bolt without removing the pipes ? Also is there room to remove the axle nut behind the pipe ? I for 1 hate to remove pipes to change tires.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Speaking as someone who will buy this exhaust system, I like it :). I think the kick-up is just right to flow with the lines of the Fury. The swing arm is really a non issue because I don't find it unattractive to begin with and when you are close enough to get a good look at the exhaust your are looking down on the swingarm anyway which pops up further when you are sitting on the bike. If you raise the muffler to cover it you only hide it from one angle and you take away from the lines of the Fury. Not a good trade in my opinion. The header pipes are as before 1¾” expanding to 2” and then into a 3” collector which continues on to the 4” muffler containing a baffle with a yet to be determined opening in an effort to maintain backpressure and torque. Dyno testing will determine the internal baffle size and the collector diameter as Fuggin endeavors to maximize the Fury’s torque output which is the seat of the pants feel that predominates during normal use. The cone from the collector to the muffler is a bit abrupt for reasons of economy (prefabed material availability). One of Fuggin’s goals is to keep the price in line with other systems in spite of greater material usage. The rear opening shape of the muffler will evolve as the prototype continues development. Again, so far so great Doug :) !!! Thanx for the chat today.

A note to fans of the Viper X*, if you really want this and also want to add a specific design element, all it takes is extra money over the standard price. Money talks and i would imagine bs walks.
I applaud the effort and the added choice for for all fury owners with this exhaust system however I might be alone because it is not the look I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
A point worth noting, timing is not adjustable on the Fury so access, if less convenient, is not a routine chore and plugs can easily be removed to check for TDC on valve adjustments.I have to (should do ) mine at least once per year (8K), more often if I am lucky LOL, and bringing the piston to TDC without turning the end of the crank (also under the cover) is difficult for me. Not trying to start any sh*t, I just wanted to bring up a couple of items to consider while it was still in development. I just know some aftermarket pipes are a PITA to work around.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Viper-X Proto-Types Exhaust (Tips)

The Proto-type pictures that started the thread are just the first part of the proto-type. What we tried to do is develop the style that forum members had posted and voted on. The second part for us is the performance. When designing an exhaust style there are a number of design considerations for the performance aspect of the style. We know a number of you wanted to see the swing arm covered, but to do this it would require sharper bends in routing the exhaust, even with the a 3” dia. pipe. The more bends and sharper bends you have the lower the performance. The proto-type we did allows for the exhaust gases to flow at an even rate keeping the performance aspect of the exhaust. Also with this design the rear tire can be removed with-out removing the exhaust.
The Fuggin Fabrication exhaust systems that we manufacture are designed to not only look and sound good on your bike, but give you the torque and performance that you feel in the seat of your pants.

Tip Considerations - The proto-type does not have any tip cuts shown. I have attached some pictures/drawings of what we are thinking of offering. Slash Down, Cone, Slash-Out and Tapered Cone.

Let me know what you think or would like to see. If I didn’t address your concerns or issues, let me know and I will do the best can to answer you.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication

Attachments

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
In an attempt to get a better sense of your aesthetic values how would you both rate the stock Fury muffler on the ugly to beautiful scale ???
Not sure about them but I have to admit the Stock pipes have a nice look to them. Just a bit too long, narrow and quiet IMO.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like where these are going, I just hate seeing that damn swing arm. I love the way a 2 into 1 sounds, I'm not as worried about making a turd load of power as some, mostly because thats what my blackbird is for. I ended up with the V/H cruzers, mainly because they cover the swing arm pretty good, but, I'm not just crazy about how they sound. I'm curious to see what this leads to, I'm not beyond buying another exhaust and selling off the cruzers.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
In an attempt to get a better sense of your aesthetic values how would you both rate the stock Fury muffler on the ugly to beautiful scale ???
Not perfect, but better then any aftermarket pipes I have seen yet for the Fury, as I said if I wanted pipes like these I would get the K2s. I said in another thread I have always liked the rear pipe turning forward like these do.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts