Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is part of a reply to another post here but I thought everyone would get a good laugh out of it anyway.

I went down to Manly beach last weekend (it's summer down under) with the Mrs to grab a coffee from her favourite cafe and the cops were ticketing a group of about 20 Harley riders for loud pipes. Just as the Harley boys were yelling out "its the Furby", "piece of s--t Honda" one of the motorcycle cops stood aside and said to me "you can park here sir". Guess the Harley boys didn't feel so special any more.:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Now Now, I own a HD Streetglide and I don't call me Fury a Furby. And yes there are some dickhead HD guys as well as Fury guys.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
This is part of a reply to another post here but I thought everyone would get a good laugh out of it anyway.

I went down to Manly beach last weekend (it's summer down under) with the Mrs to grab a coffee from her favourite cafe and the cops were ticketing a group of about 20 Harley riders for loud pipes. Just as the Harley boys were yelling out "its the Furby", "piece of s--t Honda" one of the motorcycle cops stood aside and said to me "you can park here sir". Guess the Harley boys didn't feel so special any more.:D
Ha, that's kind of funny (crossing fingers now that I don't get popped for pipes :p)... oh... do you have have post handy by chance? Just curious and sometimes like to read these things...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Funny there on the HD guys,,I live in a big Military town,,most of the big ego Marines ride Harleys,,when they get out they join our Sons of anarchy which are the motorcycle Clubs called Leathernecks and Armed Forces,,,real DHeads,,bigtime a$$holes walk around like there crap dont stink,,they were at Hooters last saturday ,,came in after our local Rolling Thunder had a Poker run,,mabe 20 of them were hanging in the parking lot with all there rustic looking bob looking bikes,,,should have seen them when i pulled up,,lmao my son was like dad please dont say anything,,please dad,,someone made a comment and i was fueling to bite someones head off,,but my son kept me in check ,,ty son

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I just get warned, dont take your bike to juno unless your at idle the whole time, dont take bike to palm beach island at all, and if i take it downtown barely give it gas unless its motorcycle cops around and not a special event. The cops here sofar kinda dig my bike and they even play with the throttle when i go to park. Had one cop give me crap last night when my crossover blew separated and it had an exhaust leak. My shadow i got crap in juno and its quieter than my bike

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
True not ALL HD guys are dicks but I'll be damned if it isn't hard finding one that isn't here. ESPECIALLY when they have to announce at bike nights for help loading them onto a truck when they broke down which happened 3 times last year in Berea RIGHT after a club brother and I getting a speech how dependable they are. CLASSIC

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's interesting that the Aussie HD guys are dicks too. I guess I was always under the assumption that HD pricks were that way, not only because of the heritage of HD, but because they are American made.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
all the hd guys here are unadulterated pure bred nice guys.we all ride together,work together and play together.its evident that some folks have forgot what rideing is all about.so sad. everybody ride safe.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
all the hd guys here are unadulterated pure bred nice guys.we all ride together,work together and play together.its evident that some folks have forgot what rideing is all about.so sad. everybody ride safe.
i get more crap from people that dont ride. There are a couple HD guys that are probably jerks but im sure some import guys are like wow you overpaid and your bike breaks down to them. my mom had a HD guy say he wish he had bought my bike instead of his HD.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just don't like it when I pull up next to an HD guy at a light, he gives me a dirty look like I don't deserve to be there.

I was on an R1 which was heavily tuned had all the marking stripped off of it. A buddy and I were cruising and pulled up next to this HD guy at a stop light. We were't trying to race him at all and we weren't riding dumb or showing off. The light turned green and he cracked the throttle and roared up the street. We took our time and caught back up to him at the next light. I pulled up next to him again and kinda nodded to him. He gave me this smug look back like "take that." Well, you don't just give me a look like that and get away with it. So the light turns green and he cracks his throttle again. This time I pace him all the way down the road. Then I cracked the R1. Front wheel lifts off and I'm gone. My buddy is right behind me doing the same thing. Needless to say HD guy didn't catch back up.

That was in a foolish riding phase I went through. Now I roll low and slow. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Actually, to this point, I have not had any trouble from guys on the road. It’s the sale’s people at HD that have given me the most trouble. I have pulled up to HD guys on the road and hear comments about the weather and ride safe, but nothing negative. If anyone gives me a dirty look, screw em, I don’t want to ride with them anyway.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sometimes HD guys are a$$holes because they are giving what they're getting:rolleyes: Best not to throw stones when we all live in glass houses and it is easy to give off the wrong vibe even without saying anything.

I would say 99% of all bikers I have met are great guys

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Sometimes HD guys are a$$holes because they are giving what they're getting:rolleyes: Best not to throw stones when we all live in glass houses and it is easy to give off the wrong vibe even without saying anything.

I would say 99% of all bikers I have met are great guys
I throw stones at people i dont like it gives a funny reaction when they cringe and start screaming. but most people on bikes are cool except for the suicidal ones on bikes doing 100+everywhere and make people think were all a$$es that are going to weave through traffic

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Only 2 people have given me any lip about buying a Fury. One has never ridden a motorcycle but could not understand why I did not buy a HD, because if he was going to ride it would have to be a Harley. The other was a HD owner, or so he says,( i've never seen the bike ) was trying to talk down the Fury based on resale value of a Honda compared to a HD. My simple reply was I am riding mine you must be tying to get rid of yours. Everyone else has been cool and have gotten a lot of compliments from all types of riders.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess (OK some of) the Harley boys must have a problem with everything else on the road. Which is really silly if you think about it as we all have the same enemy, stupid car drivers, politicians and cops.

There is an Easter egg ride on tomorrow to raise money for the childrens hospital and one of the local riding clubs asked me to go along, I said OK but my best friend comes as well. The guy from the club said what do you ride and what does your mate ride. So I told him and my friend rides a Triumph Sprint ST then he said, oh you guys had better not ride with us then. And they wonder why we won't join their stupid riding club.

I am sort of glad that I'm not the only one to get a serve from the HD riders.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts