Honda Fury Forums: banner

Fury aftermarket exhaust

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  X_KIOWA_X 
#1 ·
looking for new or used at great price. any style...

#5 ·
Haven't seen anyone on here selling any aftermarket exhaust in a while. If you're looking for just tips you have the reaper slip on's for like $285, Cobra's exhausts are in the 500's, Morton Inferno's are 595 plus power cones 30 plus shipping. Just have to give us more of an idea what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend.

#6 ·
cheapest ways since people are still buying the heck outa pipes is to get used (usually cobra since they were one of the first available and some people are burned out on them) or vtx1300's and modify the bracket, a few of us have done that, it just takes more patience and a little knowledge. I got mine from ebay for a vtx1300 and they set me back like 218

#7 ·
So the infernos are 600 plus 30 bucks? I can afford that I am just always looking for a deal. It seems like all the pipes need a fuel controller of some sort and air filter...that is what sets me back$$$ I do like the inferno style just not a big fan of the cobra look even though io heard they sound great!

#9 ·
yeah the inferno's are a good looking exhaust, at least i think so and what I have heard from others they are pretty damn loud, they have no baffles so they are a straight pipe, and yes you need the power cones for proper backpressure. well I have heard both ways on the need for a fuel controller, I got one anyways and I found it on eBay for $195 shipped, and no you do not need an aftermarket air intake for those pipes you can get that later.

Morton Inferno's: $595
Power Cones: $30
Heat Shields: $89
Powder Coat: $75
Shipping: $20 <to TN>
Total: $809

yeah a local shop can fab a bracket or modify the one they send you, or should be able to for next to nothing.

#11 ·
I did alot of research and made my choice on these paramters...

Quality - Doesn't matter how cheap you get them or how the fuction if the chrome starts to mess up (Fuggin has been known to do so) or the fitmet is off.

Manufacturer - This greatly influenced me becasue of horror stories i've read about units not fitting and people who can't even get their money back.

Installation/Function - I read on alot of pipes where the routing of them burned peoples legs, especialy if they were 5'8'' or shorter. I also have inspection in my state so needed to make sure mine would pass wich means i have to keep the baffles in. They are like Nazis at the inspection stations here. Also scrapping in hard right turns can be an issue. Installation is also a factor... If your a blacksmith than anything is possable, but me, I have a basics mans tool cart and as long as I can fit a tool on it I can usualy install it. The Cobras were on in just under 2 hours. They quoted me a 3 hour job at a local dealer at $80 an hour.

Programmer - I didn't go with a maching unit (Cobra pipes/fuel manag.) because I found the DynoJet offered a system for the cobra pipes and also further tunning factors if I chose to do more performance. Just me but I dont like having to replace something I already bought because I could have gotten the better one earlier. Now i have to spend twice the amount i could have paid once for.

Style - I think style is important, but not if it sacrifices the above areas. The cobra in my eyes flows with the bike and covers the swing arm as well as sound great.

Price - I priced some custom exhaust and they wanted $1200 to do a system that would pass NC inspection and that didn't even count chroming! I thought about just adding tips for $200, but I could afford more so why not get more. The Cobras where priced fair I thought.

I knew lots of people have the Cobras, but i didn't hear (read) any complaints about them in the above areas so thats who i chose them. You may come up with a total different set. Just giving some different areas to think on when buying.

What ever you get, post a video up so we can all check them out an hear 'em.

You can hear mine on my blog...

Waters Airbrush

Thats just my two cents...

#12 ·
I just went on price. i figure a little time here and there isnt that bad, and i have the means to do alot of stuff at my house. I couldnt stand how quiet stock were, didnt like the fact cobra, fuggin and sampson were the only options i had at the time so figured go the cheap route to buy some time atleast untill i could find somthing that i was completely happy with and when im not having school expenses. At first i was somewhat irritated by how long my pipes are, but they grew on me and i will probably leave them on for a while.

Easy E offers great advice though, You have to account for what your comfortable doing, what you like for sound and style, and what fits your budget. My reason for going on price is that im on a starving college student budget so I keep my cost where the expenses are worth it to keep me content until i graduate and currently I have access to machine shops, an abundance of tools from working on cars for a few years, and the knowledge to get a decent amount of work done on my own.

#13 ·
cobra swept

Thanks for the insight. You can spend a ton of money upgrade after upgrade. I just ordered a vertical license plate holder for 155 bucks. I think thats insane! I'll more than likely go with the cobra's. So, if I understood you correctly. The fuel management system is not needed with the cobra's?

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.