Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple weeks the battery has been acting up doing some weird things (not turning it over on the first try, but then starting it the second, etc) so I felt the battery was going. This morning it wouldn't turn the bike over at all, so off I go to Walmart. Wasted trip of course the right size battery isn't there so I go to the Honda dealer. They have one in stock....but..are you ready?....sitting down?.....$181.50!!! i said "you gotta be kidding me! I wouldn't pay that for a direct OEM replacement battery even if it was hand delivered by Jessica Alba in the nude!" (ok I would, but that's the only way). What a crock! Just had to share my amazement. It's sitting on the trickle charger now while I contemplate my options. Wow, just wow.

·
Registered
574 Posts
mine went dead two days ago. i had read some were in the forum that the oem batteries only last one year. well this month is of course on year with my bike.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is two years for mine, the bike was bought (not by me) almost two years ago to the day. You'd think for 200 clams it would last more than a year or so. Heck it oughta add 20hp for that price.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Damn EX! That is nuts! Is that what they cost every where?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno, maybe my stealership is extra greedy!

BTW Byber, off topic, Hines ward brings home the Dancing Trophy but no Lombardi!!! Imagine my WTF-edness. Seriously....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Did anyone look at the prices for Ballistic Racing... Arent they a vender. I dont know how expensive they are, but might be worth a try.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Mine's been finicky lately.....couple of times, nothing, then start on next try....hope it lasts over my long ride Saturday...would hate to get into Florida and have it go dead two states away.....

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful, thats what mine was doing. One time it even cleared my odometers and clock, so I thought maybe I had a loose cable...but not.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Has anybody done an online search for discounts on OEM batteries? Though mine has shown no signs of emminent failure, I guess I should, prudently, start sourcing a replacement.

Cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
So I checked on the ballistics racing website. They dont have the Fury listed, but it states that 1000cc and up need a 12 cell, which runs 189. They have a 3 year warranty, but I dont know the extent of the warranty. I also dont know if anyone has used it on here. ...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Dunno, maybe my stealership is extra greedy!

BTW Byber, off topic, Hines ward brings home the Dancing Trophy but no Lombardi!!! Imagine my WTF-edness. Seriously....
I know! What a ************!:p

Did anyone look at the prices for Ballistic Racing... Arent they a vender. I dont know how expensive they are, but might be worth a try.
Don't quote me on this but I think they are around $350 or $400.
But I think they have a 3 year warranty and you never need to charge them. They only loose something like 1% of there charge over a month or something like that. Plus they only weigh a couple pounds. Seems the more cost efficient way to go if the battery does what they say it will do. I plan on buying one when mine goes bad.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know! What a ************!:p

Don't quote me on this but I think they are around $350 or $400.
But I think they have a 3 year warranty and you never need to charge them. They only loose something like 1% of there charge over a month or something like that. Plus they only weigh a couple pounds. Seems the more cost efficient way to go if the battery does what they say it will do. I plan on buying one when mine goes bad.
Wow I'm too poor for that. I never thought I'd balking on battery prices for this bike. For my Ninja they were 50 bucks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
anyone tried the odyssey batteries ODYSSEY Batteries - non-spill and light weight. What are the dimensions of the fury batteries?

Also, when initially starting the fury I was slightly rolling the throttle (old habits) and the bike would sputter sometimes and even clear out the clock, trip computer etc..... I switched to just pressing the starter and it seems to work fine now.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone tried the odyssey batteries ODYSSEY Batteries - non-spill and light weight. What are the dimensions of the fury batteries?

Also, when initially starting the fury I was slightly rolling the throttle (old habits) and the bike would sputter sometimes and even clear out the clock, trip computer etc..... I switched to just pressing the starter and it seems to work fine now.
L = 5.93”
W = 3.46”
H = 4.37”
8.59 lbs.
12 V
11.2 Ah
175 CCA

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Toward the end of my original battery’s life, it would clear the clock and odometer all the time. Very frustrating. I ended up getting a gel battery for around $130 from my stealership. Later I found out I paid probably $30 to much for it. Keep in mind; you can always pop the clutch to get it started. I had to do that on occasion.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Be careful, thats what mine was doing. One time it even cleared my odometers and clock, so I thought maybe I had a loose cable...but not.
There were threads on this before, so you're not alone. I checked with local dealer, they sell TruGel batteries for $162. My bike is a bout a year old, so I want to be ready when it it happens.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts