Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been loving my Rebel DCT. Now I'm eyeballin a Fury, but wanting to keep the 'leisure' factor the DCT provides. Has anyone ever transplanted a DCT to a Fury, or heard of it being done?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Have been loving my Rebel DCT. Now I'm eyeballin a Fury, but wanting to keep the 'leisure' factor the DCT provides. Has anyone ever transplanted a DCT to a Fury, or heard of it being done?
Nope, never heard of it being done. The technical issues seem like they could be large, and it sounds like an expensive mod. Not to mention I can't imagine putting a slushbox on a Fury, but that is just me...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sorry, a Fury is a BIG BOY'S Toy, not a tinker toy like the Rebel! IF you want a DCT, buy a Goldwing! Nuff Said!

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
446 Posts
Hey, You should go with the Fury. The shifting isn't an issue you'll like the feeling of control. There's a learning curve but it's worth it. They are not the most powerful bike made but it'll give you the adrenaline rush you've been needing.

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
paul13131313 / EFM did fit an auto-clutch to the Fury but it wouldn't stay adjusted though it was a quality unit and a lot of time was invested. (Rather than shave the cover they may have been better off adding a spacer, though that's not a cheap date either.)

The cases need to be cast for the DCT, changing from Manual to DCT isn't an option due to vastly different internals. The Fury also doesn't have convienient space for all the stuff that goes with DCT.

Not Worth The Read:
RideApart has a very poorly written DCT speculation from 2018.
VisorDown did a teaser.

--
Tails of my Trailer Park Lows
If you're not living in the trailer park because of a drinking problem, you will be.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
32 Posts
I reckon you would need to fit a Honda Engine that already had DCT like the 1200cc V4 from a Crosstourer. You would then have the expensive hassle of converting the final drive. You would also need the electronic control hardware.
Nothing is impossible but the time and cost would be huge.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
32 Posts
Whilst I love the involved feel of riding my manual gear change Fury I totally get why the OP would want a DCT Fury. I've ridden three different Honda's equipped with DCT and was always impressed (X-ADV Scooter, Goldwing, VFR1200X).
The semi auto drive is a very relaxing way to ride and would suit the Fury's laid back cruiser vibe and would still allow you to ride with more enthusiasm when the need arises. It would be an attractive option, if available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, a Fury is a BIG BOY'S Toy, not a tinker toy like the Rebel! IF you want a DCT, buy a Goldwing! Nuff Said!
You know Gizmo some us ride a DCT not because we want to but because we have to.
I was involved in a pretty bad bike wreck years ago which damaged the nerves that make my left hand work so unless the clutch lever has a very easy pull I am not able to work it.
And the DCT setup is really a nice feature.
Don't knock it till you've tried it.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
You know Gizmo some us ride a DCT not because we want to but because we have to.
I was involved in a pretty bad bike wreck years ago which damaged the nerves that make my left hand work so unless the clutch lever has a very easy pull I am not able to work it.
I'm not a fan of automatic and DCT transmissions but they do have a place and are very valuable for some riders.
My oldest and closest friend had a stroke and he has not recovered fully. He does not have enough strength in his right hand to effectively use the front brake. Thanks to a DCT Honda he has been able to switch the front brake to the left side of the bars and continue to ride short distances. It's not ideal but he can still do some riding as compared to no riding. With some luck he will regain enough strength to be able to handle a DCT Goldwing and we can go back to doing the long rides we have always done since we got our licenses at 17.

·
Registered
353 Posts
AND just what makes you think I HAVEN'T TRIED IT? As a matter of fact, I have in my garage, the 'original' Honda CVT put in a sport/cruiser bike. The 'grandfather' of the DCT ... the HFT that was put into the Honda's DN-01! I have had 'my' Dino for about 9 years now and I truly love it! So you see ... I speak from authority about the Honda's CVT family and have done my research, over the years, about how the 'DCT' has developed/grown in Honda's numerous CVT bikes. A good friend of mine bought the 'first' NM4 (DCT) sold here in Jacksonville FL and rode it 150 miles/5 times a week back and forth to work for many years with NO problems. The local Honda dealership even took a picture of our 2 'rare' bikes together, a few years back ... my red and his black.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
AND just what makes you think I HAVEN'T TRIED IT? As a matter of fact, I have in my garage, the 'original' Honda CVT put in a sport/cruiser bike. The 'grandfather' of the DCT ... the HFT that was put into the Honda's DN-01! I have had 'my' Dino for about 9 years now and I truly love it! So you see ... I speak from authority about the Honda's CVT family and have done my research, over the years, about how the 'DCT' has developed/grown in Honda's numerous CVT bikes. A good friend of mine bought the 'first' NM4 (DCT) sold here in Jacksonville FL and rode it 150 miles/5 times a week back and forth to work for many years with NO problems. The local Honda dealership even took a picture of our 2 'rare' bikes together, a few years back ... my red and his black.
I've always liked the DN-01. Yes they are rare and still command a good price here in Oz. One in reasonable condition will cost you about AU $7000. Shame we only got them in red and black, I have seen photos of them in the same blue as our Furys and they look sharp.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've always liked the DN-01. Yes they are rare and still command a good price here in Oz. One in reasonable condition will cost you about AU $7000. Shame we only got them in red and black, I have seen photos of them in the same blue as our Furys and they look sharp.

View attachment 240639

View attachment 240640

View attachment 240641

View attachment 240642

View attachment 240643
It all depends on 'where' they are shipped to .... Honda made 'numerous' different colors. My favorite would have been a white one but it was only in Japan itself. Purple was a big hit in Europe, from what I've seem. (Red IS the fastest though, I have clocked myself at 131 mph, flat out.)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey Lump. There is mod for our bikes that reduces the clutch pull down to about a 1/4 of the strength to engage it. You could actually pull it back with you pinkie. If you cruise the internet for honda Fury clutch mods, it will show you and it is fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Lump. There is mod for our bikes that reduces the clutch pull down to about a 1/4 of the strength to engage it. You could actually pull it back with you pinkie. If you cruise the internet for honda Fury clutch mods, it will show you and it is fairly inexpensive.
About the only clutch mod that I find for the Fury is from Glens Garage.
Are there others?
I would love to try one. I am out on the Oregon coast. Anyone nearby?

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts