Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new Fury yesterday during a Level 2 snow emergency. Shame to bring it home in a truck! Good news is the weather was so bad today that I was able to scope the forum and call on parts today.

Order Chrome Exchange rims from Classic Components in CA (hope they are quality). Spoke with Doug at Fuggin (Viper 2 pipes) but still have some interest in the RAW "Reaper" muffler replacement. Do the RAW pipes require the fuel controller like all the other pipes? More interested in look than noise. Anyone found a side mount license kit that will fit an Ohio Plate (7" X 4 1/2")? Talked to Troy at Accutronics and he laughed at the plate size!

Lots of good info on the site, maybe too much to read in one day! Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Hope the bike rides as good as it looks, sounds like it does. Maybe in a month or so I will be able to actually take it for a ride.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Just picked up my new Fury yesterday during a Level 2 snow emergency. Shame to bring it home in a truck! Good news is the weather was so bad today that I was able to scope the forum and call on parts today.

Order Chrome Exchange rims from Classic Components in CA (hope they are quality). Spoke with Doug at Fuggin (Viper 2 pipes) but still have some interest in the RAW "Reaper" muffler replacement. Do the RAW pipes require the fuel controller like all the other pipes? More interested in look than noise. Anyone found a side mount license kit that will fit an Ohio Plate (7" X 4 1/2")? Talked to Troy at Accutronics and he laughed at the plate size!

Lots of good info on the site, maybe too much to read in one day! Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Hope the bike rides as good as it looks, sounds like it does. Maybe in a month or so I will be able to actually take it for a ride.
Alot of us actually don't require that you use a FC with aftermarket pipes (so long as there is some kind of baffle in there)... if you do both the air cleaner and pipes, that's usually the case where you'd need a FC. But a FC will help smooth it out, so if you have the money right now for it, go for it...

Try Shayne's side mounted plate holder, as he has them big enough for TX plates... and from what I heard, those are about the size you're looking for...? Home

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! You Ohio boys are getting pretty plentiful.;)

Maybe I should move East.... Oh, we only have 12" of snow ...Think I'll stay here. ;)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Ohio Revised Code for registrations

Ohio law doesnt specify vertical or horizontal for mc plates (see below)..... I have a one of shanes mounts and mine is vertical. Good product, good price, good c/s...what more can you ask for.

4503.21 Display of license plates and validation stickers or temporary license placard or windshield sticker.
(A) No person who is the owner or operator of a motor vehicle shall fail to display in plain view on the front and rear of the motor vehicle the distinctive number and registration mark, including any county identification sticker and any validation sticker issued under sections 4503.19 and 4503.191 of the Revised Code, furnished by the director of public safety, except that a manufacturer of motor vehicles or dealer therein, the holder of an in transit permit, and the owner or operator of a motorcycle, motorized bicycle, manufactured home, mobile home, trailer, or semitrailer shall display on the rear only. A motor vehicle that is issued two license plates shall display the validation sticker only on the rear license plate, except that a commercial tractor that does not receive an apportioned license plate under the international registration plan shall display the validation sticker on the front of the commercial tractor. An apportioned vehicle receiving an apportioned license plate under the international registration plan shall display the license plate only on the front of a commercial tractor and on the rear of all other vehicles. All license plates shall be securely fastened so as not to swing, and shall not be covered by any material that obstructs their visibility.

No person to whom a temporary license placard or windshield sticker has been issued for the use of a motor vehicle under section 4503.182 of the Revised Code, and no operator of that motor vehicle, shall fail to display the temporary license placard in plain view from the rear of the vehicle either in the rear window or on an external rear surface of the motor vehicle, or fail to display the windshield sticker in plain view on the rear window of the motor vehicle. No temporary license placard or windshield sticker shall be covered by any material that obstructs its visibility.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I am in Marysville, approx 20 minutes NW of Columbus
Are you in the Marysville by Cambridge? I'm about an hr straight north of there. There are 2 Marysvilles in Ohio Which color Fury did you get?

·
Premium Member
13,934 Posts
welcome,and dont worry about the snow.strap a ski to the front wheel and rock on.i think im going to.we have been dumped on 3 times in 4 weeks.safe riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you modify, cut the plate down to fit? I like the accutronics but it looks like the trim ring holds the plate not the hole pitch in the plate. Is that true? I am surprise that accutronics technical support said it won't mount. Shayne makes a pretty nice bracket for $100.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Did you modify, cut the plate down to fit? I like the accutronics but it looks like the trim ring holds the plate not the hole pitch in the plate. Is that true? I am surprise that accutronics technical support said it won't mount. Shayne makes a pretty nice bracket for $100.
I have done a lot of modifying to mine. Here’s a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvZ6fp7YIM

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Ohioians are just confusing, look at college sports University of Miami...... or is it university of miami (ohio) With all the snow they have been getting it will probably get worse, i think thats what their politicians do to mess with people when they get bored and are stuck inside.

Shane i think cuts his own mounts so you might be able to get one moded a little to fit your plate from him

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've always just bought the bracket i wanted and drilled new holes in the plate to mount it.... Just a thought ....

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
Ohioians are just confusing, look at college sports University of Miami...... or is it university of miami (ohio) With all the snow they have been getting it will probably get worse, i think thats what their politicians do to mess with people when they get bored and are stuck inside.
LOL!!! My first wife was from Norwalk. Can't argue with you!!!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.