Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody know the exact size of the Fury's down tubes? I am going to measure it tonight, but I figure somebody out there either knows the size or is sitting by their bike to measure them out. Anyways, thanks for the help guys, appreciate it!

I believe that it is bigger than 1 1/4" in size from the last time I measured, but I cannot remember off of the top of my head what the exact number was/is... :(

edit:

pic of down tube, more on post 26 http://www.furyforums.com/forum/119671-post26.html:

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/mem...de-covers-picture4346-img-20110319-152349.jpg

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hey rss, could you cut out your downtubes and replace them with a curved set from a Saber so I can see what it would look like please? :D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey rss, could you cut out your downtubes and replace them with a curved set from a Saber so I can see what it would look like please? :D
Lol.... you're funny... give me a couple years on that and maybe... rotfl... goober

Oh and thanks bf4cm28 for the info, appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My caliper reads 1.7695 in., or approximately 45mm.

Cheers

P.S.: Had to go measure it again, the first time was wrong; still too early in the day!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
yeah it's not like you would have to have a nice pretty weld or anything lol.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet!!!! Thanks for the information guys!... Just ordered this fat stash for the bike... might be able to get rid of that leather bag in front now if it works out good for storage needs! Had to order it over the phone though because the one on the website orders at 1 1/4" size. On the phone, they can put a 1 1/2" size on the tube and put some rubber shims in there to help protect the paint and reduce the size as well.

Ace Billet Corp :: Other Accessories :: Stash Tubes :: Fat Stash

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My caliper reads 1.7695", or approximately 45mm.

Cheers
1.37 inches or 35 mm according to the digital caliper

Wait, wait.... Which one is it... 43 or 35mm??? Have to call him back now if it's not 35mm... How can the caliper be that far off? Lol...

It would be above the radiator about 7" or so if that helps out with the location of where this tube will be placed.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Its 35 Red.....think BarFury might be measuring the forks

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its 35 Red.....think BarFury might be measuring the forks
Ah thanks, yea... that makes sense...

you're a goober BarFury... :p

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Wait, wait.... Which one is it... 43 or 35mm???............
Just went out and checked again; 1.7693 inches, or 45mm to the first order.

Cheers

P.S.: You DID say the down-tubes, didn't you? I assumed you meant the fork-tubes, no?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just went out and checked again; 1.7693 inches, or 45mm to the first order.

Cheers

P.S.: You DID say the down-tubes, didn't you? I assumed you meant the fork-tubes, no?
No, down-tubes are the frame, where it meets the radiator... the front part of our negative A space, not the fork-tubes.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Maybe they make them bigger across the pond so you can take out kangaroos with confidence.:D

How much they wanting for this tube?? If you don't mind

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
No, down-tubes are the frame, where it meets the radiator... the front part of our negative A space, not the fork-tubes.
Oooh, the frame tubes!!! Forgive me, I completely misinterpreted your question. Sorry 'bout that! Maybe I need a drink.............

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hahahahahahaha
the link says 160 for cost. not sure if it is different at 35 mm
He didn't charge me extra for the increased size of the clamp, even though he said they usually do, so 160$ it is...

Oooh, the frame tubes!!! Forgive me, I completely misinterpreted your question. Sorry 'bout that! Maybe I need a drink.............

Cheers
Yea, go get a drink... lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Redspawnsilver....Dude what are you doing posting things on a computer today? I get off the plane from cool cloudy VA (50-ish degrees) and get blinded by the 71 degree 5pm sunshine of San Diego....no reason to be inside today. Oh yeah, today is the same as yesterday out here, huh?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Redspawnsilver....Dude what are you doing posting things on a computer today? I get off the plane from cool cloudy VA (50-ish degrees) and get blinded by the 71 degree 5pm sunshine of San Diego....no reason to be inside today. Oh yeah, today is the same as yesterday out here, huh?
Yea, pretty much... Lol... I had to change out my rear tire, tomorrow I will be riding though! Finally after 2 weeks... damn thing, anyways, good to see you in SD, let me know if you want to meet up sometime!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts