Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
How cool--how fast does that Silver bike go, now?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Man I thought I had my bike down to just a few parts remaining. This looks more like a comfy chop shop going down! Good luck on the task. Sure the final look will come out amazing.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I have absolutely no paint talent what-so-ever. I think I'll buy an airbrush and let my creative side go crazy.
On second thought...nevermind.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
The shop manual has a good step by step. Since you are stripping the frame, remove everything else first, including the throttle body and starter motor, also remove all the chrome covers, make sure you have help the engine weighs 240 lbs. I have seen posts on the VTX board where the owner laid the frame/engine on an old blanket or sleeping bag on the right side, unbolted the engine then lifted the frame up off the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
... I have seen posts on the VTX board where the owner laid the frame/engine on an old blanket or sleeping bag on the right side, unbolted the engine then lifted the frame up off the engine.
that's bloody brilliant. we do that with heavy hardware at work.
never thought to apply that to a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Just had to voice this:

Hook motor to chain, hook chain to truck, pull around till the motor comes out or the frame breaks free... ;)

Think covering the engine and painting the frame with the engine still in there is another alternative... just saying...

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
And with that, ladies and germs, I'd like to state for the record: RSS just doesn't get the respect he so incoherently deserves.:)
U go boy!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
........So how did you end up getting the bitch out?
Very carefully, I suspect! LOL. I'll bet he never realized, until now, that there were that many parts in a Fury.

Cheers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha, That is true. The Fury is very deceiving as there are a shit load of parts, the wires alone are crazy. I had help getting the motor out. I had the bike on my stand and I just pulled all the engine mounts and we just lifted the engine out it was alot easier than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
470 Posts
should have just purchased a black fury instead of going to all of this trouble to have it painted black:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
should have just purchased a black fury instead of going to all of this trouble to have it painted black
Oh its not getting painted black. I am painting the frame as well as the tins a dark bronze color, and the center of the gas tank and rear fender will be a lighter bronze fogged in. Airbrush work will be done on the tins and frame. Thats the plan anyway;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts