Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I know a few have installed spacers, but I'm not a fan of modifying the stock bars. The stock bars work so well with the lines of the bike that I wouldn't want to change them.
I couldn't agree with you more. The stock bars carry the lines on this bike well and I can not image anything else on this bike. I don't even want to see a photo of a set of ape hangers on the fury for fear I migh throw up!!!

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Great laugh!!

You mean something like this?

Now that my friend is just to funny!! See what you guys started! I guess next is the big old saddle bags along with big ass windshield. I'm still with chopped on this one why screw with perfection when some things are just best when left alone. Thanks for the laugh thou!

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Wooden Horse please I'm begging you anything but the bars. Put on some risers change the grips but apes might destroy the look of this bike.
Most might agree there are certain areas of this bike that carry the lines that makes the look of this bike so special and the bars are cool.

You have however peaked my interest thou to see just what you have in mind wth ape hangers. I would also be interested to see if the other members feel the same as I do.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
oky doky woodenhorse you asked for it,so here goes.its your bike .do whatever you want to do.it still gona be yours.you are the one who has to ride it,so make it comphy for you.keep the rubber on the ground.
I'm with chopped for sure. I don't know how he came up with that visual so fast but nice job and the proof is in the pudding. You asked for it and there it is. Looks even worst than I even imagined. Thanks for that help chopped its a real eye opener.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
To each their own, but I wouldn't change out my stock handlebars. They are one of the big things that peaked my interest in the Fury to begin with. I really like the tight clearance with the tank and they have a perfect stance for me. In NJ it is illegal to have handlebars above your shoulders as well.
I'm with chopped on this one. I owned a repair garage for many years and we use to sell a lot of cars out of the shop. A running joke within the auto business is that there is an ass for ever seat and to each his own. I also loved the zero clearance from the tank to the bar until I installed the chrome brake cover I had removed from my vtx that was hanging around the garage. While tweaking the cover out I move the brake lever clearance on the bottom brake hose at the handle bars just enough to cause a nasty chip out of my tank due to the new adjustment. A small lesson but learned but still wouldn't change it and the low clearance is one of the first things that is commented on by everyone. Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.