Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my brand new, 2010, Fury with 700 kms (420 miles) on the odometer is leaking coolant from it's rear head gasket. Luckily the coolent only beads at the left side of the rear gasket after parking. It then trails back along the fins and drops to pool at the oil cap. Engine oil is not milky, nor is the engine pushing 'white' smoke, suggesting the leak is only an external one.
Just wondering if this is unique to my ride, or if anyone else out there has experienced something similar with their Fury. It's into the shop on Monday for repairs under warranty, but this development has shaken me in my belief all Honda's are 'bullet proof'. Sold a near new Goldwing and replaced it with the Fury, so maybe my reliablity 'bench mark' is a bit too high. Ugh!
I'm a new member to the forum as of today, living & typing way up north in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada.

Dougie B

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about leak!

Welcome Doug
Sorry to here about your motor issue. Sounds like 1 in a 1000, every manufacturer has the small failure rate on all components.... Even Honda.
I was ALWAYS A YAMAHA OWNER 15- 20 years til This new Fury. With one stint owning 750 Night Hawk.

I love my Fury along with its rattles and buzzing. I have to say this is the coolest looking bike but also the most noise ridden. I think Honda rushed this one a bit.. I bit on #56 Matte and now my VMAX has found a new home. Still I have made love for the FURY!!!:D:cool:

Make sure you get the warranty extension as I will be buying mine this week... Approx 600.00 her for 3 years

·
Registered
158 Posts
In another post, I mentioned that my Fury, with about 3500 miles on it, has developed a small leak at the front of the rear cylinder. I looked as best as I could with the plastic cover removed and my leak looks like it's happening too high up to be the head gasket, it looks like it's coming from where the water pipe goes into the head.
Mine flowed down to the fins on the cylinder then rolls off and pools at the oil filler cap as you describe. If not for seeing the dried up dribble from near the water pipe flowing down to the top cylinder fin, I would have thought that it was the head gasket leaking. Looking at the service manual, if this is where my leak is, it's probably a faulty O-ring, or faultily installed O-ring when the pipe gets joined to the head. I have only seen the leak once a few weeks ago. Am waiting to see it happen again...
Let us know how yours turns out after the repair... I'll be wondering if yours was the head gasket or if it turns out to be the water pipe junction (like I think mine is).

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't had any problems like that with mine but someone in the service department at my local shop did mention that one of the first Furys out the door had one of the hoses that moves the coolant between the two cylinders pop off and sprayed coolant everywhere. Hopefully that's all it is for you as well!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't had any problems like that with mine but someone in the service department at my local shop did mention that one of the first Furys out the door had one of the hoses that moves the coolant between the two cylinders pop off and sprayed coolant everywhere. Hopefully that's all it is for you as well!
It's a good thing that happened early !

In my case, it's not the lower pipe that connects the 2 cylinders, it's the higher up pipe to the rear cylinder head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts