Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, We have just finished up development and testing on a New Intake adapter that will accommodate any 3 bolt HD air intake system. So if your looking for a Hyper Charger, or Spike filter, a Force Filter like in the video, or any Harley Davidson air intake this adapter bracket will work for you.
The bracket will come with all hardware and a duel breather element, we will have a full instructional video and PDF instructions by next week.

The adapter is made of strong fiberglass construction, come as a semi gloss black, or you can color match it to your bike, chrome will also be available very soon. The standard semi-gloss black Retail price will be $180.

More options and complete kits will be available soon. For now check out the video at this link Honda Fury Air Intake Video

If you would like to be updated on all of our future Honda Fury products check us out at LowandMean.com

·
Registered
68 Posts
looks tight......but would have to disagree with the music.....out of all of GAYSMACKs music you pick the worst song for background music

·
Registered
434 Posts
Can we see some still pics of it? A lot of glare in that video.

I don't think I like that it extends all the way up to the frame.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont like it that the Low & Mean adapter kit doesn't allow the vacume lines to connect to the adapter. They supply the little filters that just dangle behind the cover. The vacume lines are connected to the adapter for a reson "For Vacume". Just as your car had vacume lines connected to the carb for vacume, otherwise your car would have had little filters on the end instead of being connected to the intake. Im going to go along with the Accutronix intake adapter with the bottom bracket as it allows the vacume lines to connect directly to the intake, just as the factory OEM intake does.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I dont like it that the Low & Mean adapter kit doesn't allow the vacume lines to connect to the adapter. They supply the little filters that just dangle behind the cover. The vacume lines are connected to the adapter for a reson "For Vacume". Just as your car had vacume lines connected to the carb for vacume, otherwise your car would have had little filters on the end instead of being connected to the intake. Im going to go along with the Accutronix intake adapter with the bottom bracket as it allows the vacume lines to connect directly to the intake, just as the factory OEM intake does.
I'm not answering your "cut and paste" posts in 3 different threads. Post your concern in one spot and you will get your answer. If you continue to do this, I will consult the other moderators about adding an infraction for you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Banning me for what, because I had asked a question more then once in more then one forum? That doesn't sound very friendly at all! I own a 2010 Honda Fury as well, just like the rest of you. This Forum is a place to ask questions and get answers. I didn't say anything bad or inappropreate on here so sorry if it offended you because I tried to get an answer to my question.
The question was: What purpose do the vacume lines serve being connected to the intake, why do they require vacume and will dissconnecting them cause the bike to perform improperly or cause long term damage?? Again, Im very sorry if this question or saying anything negative about the Low and Mean Intake Adapter has offended anyone one here. I'm a Fury owner as well and Im just asking a friendly question.

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts
I don't get it either, is there something I'm missing about asking questions? I thought we were here to discuss....I've seen many discussions relating to various threads in differing threads....

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
XxPatman77 has a valid point.
I watched L & M video of the installation of their adapter on their web page.
I too would be concerned as to why the vacuum lines would be disconnected and filters installed. It seems to me it is negating the vacuum connection all together.
I personally could care less since I have the S & S installed on mine.
But I do believe XxPatman77 has a valid question and would be best answered by L & M..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It's not about offending anyone. You don't need to post the same thing over and over on here to get an answer. Post your question and numerous people on here will reply. There is no need to cut and paste your question on every thread you can find touching on the topic.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Post from L&M about the Accutronix adaptor:
"Did you guys know that the smaller of the two breather hoses is the crank case breather? As it's designed your pumping oil into your air intake. We know this as we have tested the blow buy pressure off this line. Problem or not for you, just thought you'd like to know. If your intake is slightly oily then your changing your air/ fuel mixture and will foul out your TPS, MAP sensors too. You'll see Honda designed this crank case breather hose to attach to the bottom of the air box allowing any blow by to drain out and with the large volume in the stock box (unless your rings are wasted) the exhaust gases will not effect the clean air coming in. We did some testing with a similar setup, the bike ran fine, but we could see slight traces of oil where we didn't want it.

For the record, Im glad to see others offering more product for the Fury, in no way do I see this as bad competition against our Honda Fury air intake adapter. We see this as more products for the Fury which would give all more options and we hope would get more Honda Fury owners out there.

There's no doubt the quality of this product as Troy at Accutronix make some nice stuff and it's good to see their customer helping."

Chris
Low and Mean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts