Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You need to be a bit more specific with your request. I have not doubt you will get several responses, but details help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to be a bit more specific with your request. I have not doubt you will get several responses, but details help.
How much more detail do you need? I've posted a video of the bike attempting to start and said what I did to try to remedy the problem.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
It didn't even try to kick over. Have you pulled the air cleaner? I would pull it, consider shooting some starting fluid down the throat, see if it kicks over then. It sounds like it is not getting any gas.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It didn't even try to kick over. Have you pulled the air cleaner? I would pull it, consider shooting some starting fluid down the throat, see if it kicks over then. It sounds like it is not getting any gas.
Thanks for the reply, we drained the tank..don't know what the previous owner had in there..the gas was red. We shot some gas down the throat and it does start but not as expected. The work is still in progress and I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks for the reply, we drained the tank..don't know what the previous owner had in there..the gas was red. We shot some gas down the throat and it does start but not as expected. The work is still in progress and I will keep you posted.
..sooo the previous owner filled the bike up with diesel. Nothing further..smh 🤦🏿‍♂️
OUCH!!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
They were just trying to get that 40 cent per gallon tax break for using off road diesel.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
649 Posts
your gonna have to drain the fuel pump housing and get all the diesel out before she will run.Tank of fresh fuel, gasoline 😁
once the pump housing is full of fuel the pump should purge the lines & injectors and then start. I don't think the diesel fuel would harm anything.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
..sooo the previous owner filled the bike up with diesel. Nothing further..smh 🤦🏿‍♂️
Either that or ALOT of Marvel Mystery Oil... but either way, let's just hope it wasn't tranny fluid...

your gonna have to drain the fuel pump housing and get all the diesel out before she will run.Tank of fresh fuel, gasoline 😁
once the pump housing is full of fuel the pump should purge the lines & injectors and then start. I don't think the diesel fuel would harm anything.
^ exactly what he said... Also, the fuel filter is going to retain some of that 'red stuff'. It may take a full tank run through just to clear it all out, as diesel is a bit thicker than gasoline. I can't say for sure if it would actually help, but I'd try to find the highest octane gasoline available (sunoco in some places may have 104). Just thinking about keeping any extraneous stuff from raising combustion temps while it's being flushed through/burnt off.

Once you get it running again, some Seafoam in the tank (at appropriate mixture volumes) wouldn't hurt to help clean anything that built up or was a byproduct of the flushing process. Also may not hurt you to go ahead and put a new set of plugs in afterwards too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts