Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Struggling to find the overall length of a Fury.
Specs show wheelbase but not overall.
I am trying to figure out if a Fury will fit in a uhaul motorcycle trailer.
Any input on length or if it fits?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Struggling to find the overall length of a Fury.
Specs show wheelbase but not overall.
I am trying to figure out if a Fury will fit in a uhaul motorcycle trailer.
Any input on length or if it fits?
Just measured it...

102 inches from front of front tire to rear license plate.

FYI you can subtract about 15 inches for rear axle to rear license if open trailer with no back wall.

YW !

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just measured it...

FYI you can subtract about 15 inches for rear axle to rear license if open trailer with no back wall.

YW !
Thank you very much for taking the time - I appreciate it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just measured it...

YW !
Well that certainly won’t fit in a uhaul motorcycle trailer - they are only 78 inches long inside.
Anyone used a different trailer - any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are you specifically looking for rental options? When I bought my bike out of state, I put a Tow-Rax removable wheel chock on my 12' snowmobile trailer, and got a nice, black widow tri-fold, arched ramp. Since then, the setup has been used only by friends, one of whom has to take his Triumph out of state for service!

I can't tell where you are, but if you have friends with motor toy trailers, you could throw a chock on one for less than a rental, then remove it and give it to them.

While we're on the topic, I really like the Rhino USA HD ratchet tie downs and soft loop straps.

Only use a full-size, full-width ramp, in a sane fashion. Don't become a YouTube loading fail video.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you specifically looking for rental options? When I bought my bike out of state, I put a Tow-Rax removable wheel chock on my 12' snowmobile trailer, and got a nice, black widow tri-fold, arched ramp. Since then, the setup has used only by friends, one of whom has to take his Triumph out of state for service!

I can't tell where you are, but if you have friends with motor toy trailers, you could throw a chock on one for less than a rental, then remove it and give it to them.

While we're on the topic, I really like the Rhino USA HD ratchet tie downs and soft loop straps.

Only use a full-size, full-width ramp, in a sane fashion. Don't become a YouTube loading fail video.
Ha I would hate to be that guy on YouTube!
You do bring up a great idea. I have a harbor freight wheel chock and loading ramp - I will ask round my network hopefully someone has a flat trailer I could borrow.
I had no idea the Fury is so long compared to other cruiser type bikes!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i used a uhaul trailer and a uhaul motorcycle trailer and had no problems with either. Just make sure to strap her down right, not interfering with the suspension, and it should be fine. Happy trails

·
Registered
437 Posts
Alright, how stable is that trailer? That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the info!
I am very happy with this purchase..I bought the "ride up" version. Very expensive when new, found a used one for 1k less.
The newer ones like mine have 13" wheels, I think it's important to avoid the early 12" models.

I can't even tell the trailer is there..even at sustained speeds 80mph. And the fold up and store in garage convenience factor is great.

I remember there is a import / Chinese made copycat but I have no info.

I would stick with USA made Kendon.

Good luck !

Screenshot_20200626-173430_Facebook.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I rode it home - thanks all for the suggestions - 200 miles is tough given most of my riding these days is a bagger - but at least I stayed dry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts