Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
levers

what options do we have can someone post links thanks
kuryakyn has wide style levers for sale. I just bought 2 of the original style levers from honda. i had them chromed at the local shop. they look really nice! anyone interested in buying my original levers ? let me know. dave

·
Registered
494 Posts
good info.. thanks
Honda actually uses the same lever design on many of their cable clutch bikes. Any Lever made for these bikes are cross wards compatible:

'88-'07 Shadow VT600
'98-'09 Shadow VT750 (All Models)
'94-'04 Magna 750
'91-'06 Nighthawk CB750
'95-'07 Shadow VT1100/C2/C2-2/T
'97-'07 Shadow VT1100C
'03-'09 VTX1300 (All Models)
'04-'09 Shadow VT750 Aero/Spirit
'09 Fury (All Models)

*good to know, if you see a set in the sale bin.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i got kuryakyn zombie levers, i like them they feel good. heres a pic
Did you have any issues after putting the zombie levers on? I put mine on and now with the cluth pulled in and not in netrual the bike wont start. I have not have time to take the levers off yet but I know there is a switch in there that controls this function.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Did you have any issues after putting the zombie levers on? I put mine on and now with the cluth pulled in and not in netrual the bike wont start. I have not have time to take the levers off yet but I know there is a switch in there that controls this function.
nope! had no problem at all. clutch is a little loose fitting, vibrates up and down but no more than stock. i would check the switch

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
nope! had no problem at all. clutch is a little loose fitting, vibrates up and down but no more than stock. i would check the switch
I got some thin silicone washers and put them on like a normal washer -- no more vibrating levers.
T

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah i'll have to check that switch next time it rains!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I ordered a set of the Zombie levers. the washers are a good idea. I will have to pick up some for the install.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I'm now having this same problem after changing to the zombie levers. Has anyone else had this happen and what is the remedy? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I'm now having this same problem after changing to the zombie levers. Has anyone else had this happen and what is the remedy? Thanks for any help.
I would bet it's the adjustment screw at the cable. Mine was out of wack and I had to fool with it.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I just jumped out the switch and it works fine. I"m thinking the adjustment has now changed since I installed the new levers and the clutch relief pull kit and has now changed the position of the switch causing the problem. I'll leave it jumped out for now and pulled it apart this weekend. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I just jumped out the switch and it works fine. I"m thinking the adjustment has now changed since I installed the new levers and the clutch relief pull kit and has now changed the position of the switch causing the problem. I'll leave it jumped out for now and pulled it apart this weekend. Thanks
Dave, Did I answer a “mechanical” question correctly? I’m feeling pretty puffed up right now. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Calm yourself Richard.... lol don;t get too puffed up there..:D

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Calm yourself Richard.... lol don;t get too puffed up there..:D
Actually, I’m pretty good with a wrench. My dad has a set of metric wrench’s that I can borrow.:) Hate to abmit this, but last week when I was having trouble getting the bike into Neutral, I went over to mom and dad’s house to get the metric wrench’s to tighten things up. Sometimes you just have to come clean and be honest.:eek: Truth is, why buy tools when your dad has everything you could ever want?:D

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Dave, Did I answer a “mechanical” question correctly? I’m feeling pretty puffed up right now. :eek:
Yes Richard you did and your are the man! I almost forgot about the clutch relief I installed over the winter until you mentioned the adjustment. I'm now sure it has something to do with the lower adjustment but I now have to remove the engine covers to get at the adjustment down below so I'll screw with it later. We finally got some weather to ride in so I'll just jump it out for now and ride while I can take advantage of it for now. Thanks for the technical support.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I'm in the middle of comfortable and sucks as far as tension goes on that thing... I got it set just perfect for me, but the clutch level vibrates from time to time... guess it is there to remind me about it... Oh, that story the other day bout me running out of gas, make sure you pull in the clutch if that happens... if I hadn't... well, actually, I'll start another thread about it... :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts