Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fience and I have been talking about a FURY NATION Meet in a 2 or 3 spots across the US. Here are some ideas we have discussed and would like some feed back.

This would be for 2012. It will take about a 6-7 months to get everything in order and lined up for locations as well as give Fury owners time to save and plan for time off to go to the one closest to them.

3 Locations for East Coast, West Coast and Central.

Have these meets during a popular motorcycle event such as Daytona or Myrtle Beach, etc... for the East Coast, Sturgis for Central and Las Vegas for West Coast. (these locations are only suggestions, but provide alot to do for those coming along way to attended and spend a few days)

Dedicated website with event info, event coverage (video/pics) and sponsor info, Hotel discounts, Event shirts, Event patches, special parking/discounts at Fury Vendor/Sponsors booths, Free give away items, raffels at each location, etc...

Do you guys feel like other metric clubs/riders should be welcome to join in and attend? I do (my fience rides a 750 Phantom), but want your feed back.

I have not contacted any sponsors yet nor any hotels or locations. This is just in a feedback status as to how many would like to see this happen and 95% attend. The response to this thread is crucial for sponsors to decide if their participation is worth wild or not.

As far as sponsors... I have no cost figures, but would look to have 1 Title sponsors as well as associated sponsors and a host sponsor at each event. Doing it this way should allow companies with a larger budget to be a Title and those who need to watch their dimes still get exposure by being a host or associated sponsor. Logos would be featured on all event shirts, patches website, banners, etc...

Chat away and discuss and I will check in every few days to answer questions and comment on progress.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Chicago land area !! Sounds like a great idea to me.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Good Idea Easy...Daytona Bike Week would be great place to meet especially on early March perfect time to get away from winter for the north Fury riders.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Interested, but Florida too far away for alot of Northeasterners like me. Especially March unless trailering the bike down. Not an option for me. But I would be interested in a meet if it wasn't more than 8 hours away.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Sounds like a good idea E I'd definitely be interested if the time and cost are good. I also would like other bikers to be welcome. I've got a group of friends that would love to go but sadly they aren't privileged enough to ride a fury lol.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think I'm interested regardless of where it is. Heck, timing wise I might be able to go to East & Central, just to put names to faces. That would be a lot of fun :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
ohio bike week would possibly be a good stop for us northeasterns.first week of june. cedar point is there for the whole family, islands ,you name it!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Time of year or month could be a factor not so much where we meet. I like the idea and would try. I will tell you more after I meet the rest or you at The Dragon. I might change my mind. Haha.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Im in. I will trailer to where ever. Just would like to meet up with other furys. Self employed so time does not matter.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I think it’s a great idea. We might as well incorporate IndyFest into the Mid West region. And as sinister1 suggests, Ohio bike week would work, as it’s on the edge of Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I say include other metric clubs as I have been invited to other clubs get together’s and have been treated graciously. We should do the same.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I added Sandusky to our map, just so people could see and maybe route directions & what-not. I'll add any others as they come up. What about Indy?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think one huge central location would be great but can understand trying to do by regions. Definitely allow other riders to come and attend. My hubby rides a honda but it is a Rune.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I vote for Memphis TN. We got beale street, blues, bbq, and graceland. A decent area a few minutes south (southaven or olive branch ms) for a less congested meeting place plus lots of new hotels.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Daytona gets my vote.....plus if you guys don't wanna ride all the way to Fla. And have no trailer,then take the auto-train with your bike. The trains leaves outta lorton,va and get to the Orlando area the next morning. Cost is something like $150 each way. Something for the northern east coaster to think about.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would be down for Daytona. Just like Ace, I have looked into the Train. I think though, the bike itself is 150 each way and the ticket is about 300 round trip. Once again depending on the day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts