Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to do a Fury of the Year thread for 2009 & 2010.

The reason behind the Q&A thread is to see what suggestions the Fury community has.

Initially, I wanted to use the photo from each monthly award winner. I know it prevents users that have updated mods from showing off their new stuff, but a perfect example would be BlueDragon's fury which took both September 2009 and September 2010 Fury of the Month titles. This would use her 2009 photo against the other 2009 photos, and the 2010 photo versus the 2010 winners.

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Also, lets keep this on topic.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I think you should have to use your photo from the Win, That way when and if entered in later years you can see the change from prior win JMO

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This is gonna be tough. Folks that won early on didn't have the aftermarket support that later winners had. They also didnt have as much time to save up cash.

Good luck Pred!

·
Banned
622 Posts
i think the winner is chosen alot of the time on the person not the bike 50/50 just post the winning pic on each bike and who ever wins wins.... if it could be hands down the most custom of all ,then take 1 new pic as is right now and let it be voted on

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I think you should have to use your photo from the Win, That way when and if entered in later years you can see the change from prior win JMO
That sounds good SD!

I also think you (Predator) are right on in your example of Blue Dragons.
Keep to the pics that were originally entered.
Other wise it isn't the same bike that actually one the original contest.
I disagree with needing time to get the money to mod and make the bike better so it isn't fair because the "bikes are better now". Not true.
2009 winners had paint, sumo, exhausts, intakes, you name it.
2009 had the same mods as today. Now there are just a few more options. Not necessarily better options.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You can not deny history. Post as they were as winners. This will also give us a true chronological history of the Fury as it has evolved.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
How about a tourney bracket type. Winner of each moves on to the next round and so on until there is a winner.

Use the photos of each months winner, no names attached and draw seeds, if your are a 2 time winner maybe you get a bye if one is needed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The more think about it I agree with What mrbyber said above it should be based soley on the previous winners pics. That's the most fair way.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
You can not deny history. Post as they were as winners. This will also give us a true chronological history of the Fury as it has evolved.

sounds like something i heard..:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I cannot believe I am stating this publicly...ok, here goes:
I AGREE WITH MENTAL.

aaARRRRGGGHHHH, that really hurt.:mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I guess I should make an appointment at the mental heath clinic when I get back to the US because I also agree with Mental on this one.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

I also agree with Mental! :confused:
i am so disappointed with you MENTAL. I can't believe you agreed with that ego maniac.
and you, Dan, I won't even dignify your remark.

very disappointed in both of you.

no balls---gotta agree with MISTER MENTAL THE BIGSHOT THINKER!!!

yuk.

<i'm so dizzy now>:eek:

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Using the winning pic is the right thing to do but I sure wish I could post a updated pic b/c I don't stand a chance:eek:. Good luck to everyone...hopefully someone will vote for me b/c I won't be:D

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Use the pic as they won, if you use the newest then you have 09 going up against 10. run 09's then 10's and run the 09 winner against the 10 winner.

And as a prize you can put the winners ride up in the top next to the "CONTACT US" button for the year.:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts