Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this bike fit you? I am 6'2", 240 lb ish, and I was wondering how the bike fits "taller" & bigger people?

Is it comfortable?

I am looking at an 07 Road King Classic, but I really cant see myself riding more than a few hours a day, at most like 6 hours in one day (like on a weekend cruise).

How does the bike hold up for us bigger fellas? Is the power more than enough to move my big @ss?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I'm 6' 2" and 200lbs. I think it is more confortable than my Shadow. I like the fact that my legs are straighter and arms are extended.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How does this bike fit you? I am 6'2", 240 lb ish, and I was wondering how the bike fits "taller" & bigger people?

Is it comfortable?

I am looking at an 07 Road King Classic, but I really cant see myself riding more than a few hours a day, at most like 6 hours in one day (like on a weekend cruise).

How does the bike hold up for us bigger fellas? Is the power more than enough to move my big @ss?

Thanks
I'm not as tall as you but close in weight, 225. The Fury does great with me on it, and not bad with me and the wife riding two-up. However, the Fury is really the only bike I've spent time on, so I don't much to compare with. I see different posts all the time in the forums and the web about the Fury being underpowered, and plenty of posts saying the power is fine.

I'm sure other members will shed light on your question as they can probably give you a better comparo, but for me, it's got plenty of pep.;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, I ain't 6'2'' but I am 243. It handles well 2 up when I turned the shock adjust to stiffer. I am very comfortable on it @ 5'11". My 6'1" friend looked comfortable on it the 1 time I let him ride it.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts

Is it comfortable?

Thanks
Hi there I am 6'4 265lbs,
The bike fits well but the stock seat does not hold up well to my weight IMO so I had to send it out for recushioning. Also the stock controls need to be kicked out a few extra inches to get that "relaxed" ride position. Other than that... the bike fits and handles well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm 6'2" 230lbs. Overall the bike fits me great. Plenty of power, IMO. I will eventually get some extended forward controls to get that (as Deadspider put it) "relaxed" riding position. Thats not to say its uncomfortable w/o them. I will eventually do something with the seat as well. I usually get anywhere from 50 to 100 miles before my tail-bone gets numb.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
i am 252 lbs at 5-11.i rode my fury from farmville va to nashville tenn last week.10 1/2 hours.the only mod to my seat is diamond stich plete.that adds i/2 inch of airplane foam and it was a comphy ride,stopping to gas 5 times and eat once.hope this helps.i have been rideing since 1962 and this is the best bike i have ever had,too many to count.good luck.

·
Registered
491 Posts
6' 4" 235 lbs here. I think the bike has plenty of power.
But I have a 36" inseam and I will be putting on extended foreward controls this winter. I plan on going with accutronix, and the full 3" extension. I haven't been on for more than a couple hundred miles at a time, but it's fine for that.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Is it comfortable?

Thanks
At 6'2" I think you will find the bike comfortable but you'll still feel a little squeezed. My guess there's no doubt you'll eventually want a 3" extended fwd control. I'm 6' with about 32-33 inseam, I am right on the line myself; the stock controls were a little cramped; the 3" extended accutronix' I put on are MUCH better than stock, however, an inch less would be perfect for me. Wasn't an option unfortunately.

If you know of an adjustable set that you like the styling of, I'd recommend them, 'cause once you put the accutronix' on your bike there's no returning them.

Powerwise I always thought the bike moved out just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 6'3" and I weight 285 lbs. the bike fit me very well. It rides much better than my shadow aero and has much more power. I am very pleased with the bike. I could however use the forward controls but they are not an essential.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its a great bike but like DeadSpider said you need to kick out the forward controls I bought mine from RAW Design and they are perfect..

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a road king classic along with the fury (6'1"" 205lbs) believe me the road king is a much better ride....the fury is a gas but in my case needed some seat modifications,pullback risers and i can see where forward controls would be nice....even so after a 100 miles my ass is pretty sore....both are great bikes tho!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nick K

Is it comfortable?

Thanks
I'm 6'3" and weigh 220, the Fury has the power to move your ass. You need to get handle bar risers at least 2" so your not reaching to far forward. Chek with Direct Line Parts.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Im 6'3 235, i would say only thing really is forwards, but i have been stuck on many smaller bikes and am used to being crammed a little. the bars i dont mind and kinda like having the forward reach. After about 60 miles with the last 10 miles being below 30 my Backside was hurting a little but that is also stock seat and not many are comfy for extended times

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I agree, I’m 6’-2” and my next mod will be adding gel to the seat. I am looking for a place I can buy it and cut to fit.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I'm 189cm and 80kg and I have just ordered extended forward controls and some pull back risers to make the bike more comfortable. The forward controls were to cramped in the standard position for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts