Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm considering a fury, but have few question's on how she handles.
what kind turn radius does she have?
lean angle?
is shifter clunky, soft or in between?
clutch soft or hard? i prefer a feather weight clutch have arthritis in ankle and wrist on left side, so makes big difference for long rides.

whats power like off line?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I was asked this frequently at a bike show I was at.

The ride is different especially in the corners. The first day I had it I was constantly scraping the pegs. I adjusted without thinking about it and haven't scraped unless it was an obvious situation. In short, I love the ride. Where I have minor issues is with turning from a standing start and slow U turns. The combination of torque-i-ness and rake take a little getting used to but I'm feeling pretty comfortable after a 1000 miles. Actually gentle rolling turns are a blast on the thing.

The fact that the gas tank isn't sitting in front of you like a 300 lb pig is a huge plus.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've ridden Honda big ruckus' don't think any thing has a lack of turn angle like that, about same wheel base as a fury, and with 12 inch wheels frame is about 3 inch's off ground, you really need watch turn speed and angle or your scraping your head on the ground.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure I'm qualified to respond with only 40 miles on mine, but here it is.

I agree with what another poster said about a weird feel from standing start, but it's manageable. I don't have to do that much, but the couple times I have, it's just a "chopper feel" where it feels like it wants to tip in. Not as much as a real one, but that's the feeling.

As far as radius, I did a u-turn in our complex driveway, I'm sure it's only 24' wide, went from edge to edge with it.

Clutch pull is slightly lighter than my VTX1300C was, not sure why since they are virtually the same engine. Shifting has less clunk too, might be cuz its new. I think it feels great on all controls, and for me (5'9", 250) it fits me right. I need to do a longer ride to see how the seat is.

A friend who is a big fan of pipes told me he thought the sound was great, not too quiet, not too loud, and a great sound and look.

I did have the shop set the shock on the line before max, since we have alot of bumps and holes from winter, and it seems to be great there. Forks are fine as they come, although under my weight, I may put springs in later after it has a few miles. Or maybe not if I can drop the lbs. I need to!

I tend to ride at lower rpms, probably never have had it over 2000, power is good, not sure it isn't down a little from my C, but I sure don't have to shift much. The C may have accelerated a little more spritely in a higher gear, but again, I'm not pushing it cuz it's new.

Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx, that brings up another question, what gearing like? mean what speed hitting in 1st, 2nd etc etc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Didn't really notice, I go by feel. I ride it on torque, so a rough guess would be shifting to second before 20, 3rd by 30, 4th very close after, and fifth is fine from 45 up. Much after 30 in third seems noisy, but again, it's how I've ridden my VTX up to now. If I don't have to worry about stop signs around town, I use 4th from 30 up to 45.

I think that the gear spacing is a little different than my C, it doesn't seem to pull as strong from gear to gear. Not annoyingly so, but noticeable. It has less engine braking in fifth than the C, too. If I had to let off in fifth, it was like the brakes came on, now it is very gentle, and coasts closer to speed instead of immediately slowing. A good thing in my view.

I've read numbers somewhere comparing the C to the Fury, and it would appear that the Fury is down about 6 horse and 7 pounds of torque on the C. Being it is a heavier bike, I'm thinking it's why I feel it is down a little. Not much, not unable to overcome, but a seat of the pants feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts