Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Those look like a great product. I personally like the tight fitment of my handlebars around the tank.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cool to see more products continuing to come out. I'm with Chopped, like the bars kinda the way they are. Looks more streamline, and a little meaner stance IMO than a more "laid back" set of bars. To each his own! Thats the cool part, we each get to make our bikes exactly the way WE want them:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the pullback just comes from the angle of the triple tree, since they are straight. Might let me ride without being humped over so much. I got a short reach.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think the pullback just comes from the angle of the triple tree, since they are straight. Might let me ride without being humped over so much. I got a short reach.
I too would appreciate a slightly more leaned back seating position.

God Bless our Military! ... Semper Fi!

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I saw that Scootworks just added handlebar risers for the Fury into their on-line catalog. They look very good, much better than what I have seen others do.

Check them out at SCOOTWORKS RISERS FOR HONDA FURY from SCOOTWORKS INC.
Looking at the bike, it may require changing the brake line routing on the forks, and releasing some tension on the clutch cable to raise them up.
It appears the electrical wiring has some slack to accommodate it..

·
Registered
500 Posts
whoopie!!

Just ordered also. Been watching for fury risers almost since I got the bike; definitely gotta sit back a little further :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Been waiting for these to come out . Just orderd
If you don't mind, could you post a pic after you get them on from the side to see the difference from stock. A before and after shot would be great. For me a little bit more rise and pullback might be good.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
If you don't mind, could you post a pic after you get them on from the side to see the difference from stock. A before and after shot would be great. For me a little bit more rise and pullback might be good.

Thanks
Ditto..
Let us know what challenges you have with the cabling once raised up..

·
Registered
500 Posts

Thanks
The new Fury risers SWR-27 look to be the same risers as the SWR-9's for the VTX, except machined a little finer at the top, which looks a little better imho. Otherwise dimensions seem the same; rise and pullback as listed on scootworks website is the same for each one:

SCOOTWORKS RISERS FOR HONDA FURY from SCOOTWORKS INC.

SCOOTWORKS SWR-9 RISERS FOR HONDA VTX1300C from SCOOTWORKS INC.

Here's two pics of the SWR-9 vtx riser on a fury from an older post by bikerchic. I'm thinkin' this is exactly what the new riser's will give you, with the slight difference of the aformentioned machining difference at the top of the risers. At least, that's my expectation when I ordered the SWR-27's; guess we'll all find out soon enough :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I believe you are correct, Stonewheel. I have the pull-back risers on my VTX, but was waiting (patiently);) for the Fury specific ones. I thought they might change the style of them to more reflect the Fury style. Looks to be the case. I almost got the 1300 ones last week. Good timing..........:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I've bought stuff like a belt drive conversion kit for my Drifter from them.... good quality. Just ordered the risers! Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure if these would work for me or not! I would like to raise the bars up some to bring them up to me. As it is now the arms go down on a slant. As far as reach goes I like them where they are at now. This might bring them back to much. Almost wish I could sit on someones bike that has them just to check it out!:p

·
Registered
153 Posts
The new Fury risers SWR-27 look to be the same risers as the SWR-9's for the VTX, except machined a little finer at the top, which looks a little better imho. Otherwise dimensions seem the same; rise and pullback as listed on scootworks website is the same for each one:

SCOOTWORKS RISERS FOR HONDA FURY from SCOOTWORKS INC.

SCOOTWORKS SWR-9 RISERS FOR HONDA VTX1300C from SCOOTWORKS INC.

Here's two pics of the SWR-9 vtx riser on a fury from an older post by bikerchic. I'm thinkin' this is exactly what the new riser's will give you, with the slight difference of the aformentioned machining difference at the top of the risers. At least, that's my expectation when I ordered the SWR-27's; guess we'll all find out soon enough :)
Looks to me like you would need all new cables. In those pics, it looks like every cable is stretched to its limit. Would not be good in the long run like that.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looks to me like you would need all new cables. In those pics, it looks like every cable is stretched to its limit. Would not be good in the long run like that.
Yeah, they look a little tight, now that you mention it. although I think I saw some online installation instructions somewhere that said something about re-routing the stock cables behind the tripletrees. Not sure; have to see what they say when they get here I reckon.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Yes I agree also looking at those pics . I have already tested with some sockets . I did remove the lower swirl brackets , and with cables on inside of tree witch look better to me , are just fine .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts